1949 AD-kota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a little break but back in action.

Last month I installed the Custom Autosound stereo.
WP_000514_zpsjweokam1.jpg

Got some different rear fenders from a friend. Got them put on today.
WP_000515_zps3k4wuqlt.jpg

Yesterday I spent on a bunch of little tasks. Painted the center trim clips for the windshield, prepped the area around the drivers side vent so I glue the weatherstrip on, ordered a Y pipe I think will work, wiped all the ATF off the pan so I can see if it still seeps, wired in the dome light, & wired in the electric choke. Hope to have it of the lift soon.

Finally have exhaust going out the back. What a messed up deal. I offset the engine to the right for ease of hooking up the steering. Had to rework the Y pipe so it would clear the frame. :mad: I knew I should have gone with an inline. :rolleyes: Bought a knock off magna-flow dual kit for the dakota chassis.

Hear it is (see what I did there?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs65axNQDIM&feature=youtu.be

Been working the last couple weeks on the interior.

Painted the back panel gray
WP_000529_zpsxoknggox.jpg

Welded the holes in the floor and got undercoat on it
WP_000528_zps2xyi6d1f.jpg

Painted the frame under the seat, the mini console & put in the rubber mat
WP_000530_zps4igeiwhd.jpg

WP_000531_zpskftp3dgg.jpg

It's about ready to come off the lift. [cl

Off the lift! I'll drink to that.

The interior is looking very sanitary. I like them to look like trucks inside, like yours, not like a Lexus, all fancy and cushy.

Thanks, I didn't buy tabs last year and will have to wait til the end of May to get new ones. I'm not paying $50 for one month. That will give me time to figure out the tune, it's just a little off.

Awesome! Seeing yours out in the daylight might inspire me to get mine going (as opposed to pushing it into the burn pile!)[cl[cl

Burn Pile????!!

Awesome! Seeing yours out in the daylight might inspire me to get mine going (as opposed to pushing it into the burn pile!)[cl[cl

jfg, been having some bad days lately?? Smile....no matter how bad it seems...it can always get worse.... :eek:

Back