1949 Chevrolet Fleetline De Luxe Beater

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Fleetlines are some really fine looking cars. I've always liked them. They are a bear to chop properly though in the rear area because of the way the roof slopes into the deck lid.

Great choice as a project

Those Fleetlines are some really fine looking cars. I've always liked them. They are a bear to chop properly though in the rear area because of the way the roof slopes into the deck lid.

Great choice as a project

no kidding i did one last year, took 4 guys, 6 cases of booze, and a whole week to get it done to where u didnt have that weird looking hump in the back.

I love the 49 - 52 Fleetlines too...love to have one myself, but I got to many other toys I have to finish first before I set my sites on a Fleetline.

As far as the chop...check out Bass' work on the HAMB. THe link below is for the 5th installment, but he has links to all of the previous posts. Personally I think he hit the perfect chop on one of these, and he shows a ton of pics how he did everything. Definitely worth the time to go through the posts for all the good info he has there...check it out

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208995

Latest posts

Back