1949 Dodge PilotHouse Ute from Australia.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope your arm is recovering man. now i finally understand what you were trying to explain to me about the fender chop.

After two plaster casts and a fibreglass one, I now have a proper plastic/vel-cro splint.
I have to wear that full time till 7th of April for everything to heal fully, then I can take it off for shorter then longer periods as my hand starts to feel stronger.
So hopefully by this time next month I'll be back into this car full on.

great job onthe fenders man! get that arm healed up i want to see this thing finished and +1 for the Lpg that alone make your truck just a bit cooler [cl

Looks great, I may have missed, whats your plans for the paint or are you going to leave the way it sits! great work, and hope the are heals up good!

whats your plans for the paint or are you going to leave the way it sits! g

Paint is going to stay exactly the way it is! :D

Oh yeah, just in case having a busted up arm was't slowing things up enough, this little dude came in the mail yesterday morning. :)

zIMGP0345.jpg

hows life with the bub? is the dodge getting derelicted?!

Kind of semi-derelict. My arm's still a bit gimpy and I'm having trouble lifting anything too heavy, so I've just been spending my time gathering up all the parts I'll need to finish it off.
I have all the steel for the tray here so I'll probably start attacking that in the next week or two, then get into seat/seat belts/steering column/pedals.

Got my CNC table for my plasma last week too, so I've put a bit of time into setting that up.

OK, I reckon my sketchy left hand is back to about 75% so I'm back into it :D

THe last thing I got done before I butchered myself was the exhaust. Here it is, it's pretty short, but I've welded some baffle plates into the tail section so hopefully it's not too obnoxiously loud.
Oh yeah, all the front part of the chassis was painted before the body went back on, so hopefully it doesn't need to come back off.

dodge40.jpg

dodge41.jpg

Got this CNC table for my plasma set up while I was at a standstill, best thing I have ever bought in my life.

dodge42.jpg

First project off the table was the tank straps and brackets for my LPG tanks.
STeep learning curve, but I do this stuff for a job, albeit with timber, so it's been fairly painless so far.

dodge43.jpg

Then I tidied up the tail end of the chassis and built my new towing setup into it. Should be a "little" stronger than the old setup that I cut off. :D

dodge44.jpg

dodge45.jpg

dodge46.jpg

I've just started on the flat tray. Made up a curved front rail to match the curve in the back of the cab.

dodge47.jpg

I've also cut up the steel for the rear and sides of it. I'll probably try to get it all built and fitted by the end of this weekend.

dodge48.jpg

Latest posts

Back