1949 Fleet line

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasser

Dragging home this 49 Chevy fleet line Saturday has rebuilt 425 caddy (may put that in my 39 plymouth).

Rust free car with lots of spare parts for now it will just go in storage

Time to dream what it will be definitely see a chop in it future and my 292 full house 6 maybe by then the cam and pistons will be here

Attachments

• Motor in car 1.jpg
    Motor in car 1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 49 car.jpg
    49 car.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Dash before.jpg
    Dash before.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 62
where the heck do you guys find this stuff.????...

Man..... I can't find anything but rusted thru, moth eaten, termite ridden, been rolled over 12 times..... run over by a Waste Management garbage truck shell that they want both arms and both legs for..... I must not be living right!!:(

Man..... I can't find anything but rusted thru, moth eaten, termite ridden, been rolled over 12 times..... run over by a Waste Management garbage truck shell that they want both arms and both legs for..... I must not be living right!!:(

Same thing here.Nothing but pure crap and junk around my area.:mad::(

hell i can find al sorts of possible rats around here a lot of them for free or pretty close to it

anyway nice car it looks good

what I am looking at doing at this point is putting the 425 Cadillac motor in the 39 Plymouth Rat and putting the 350 back in the Buick where it cam from that leaves the 292 straight 6 with all its shiny parts for this car. Taking about 4" off the top and then paint and drive it

car sites 3" lower the stock so no more frame work is needed but still may get badged.

this should be my fall project probably start in September
colors of choice so far Purple, or Orange

what I am looking at doing at this point is putting the 425 Cadillac motor in the 39 Plymouth Rat and putting the 350 back in the Buick where it cam from that leaves the 292 straight 6 with all its shiny parts for this car. Taking about 4" off the top and then paint and drive it

car sites 3" lower the stock so no more frame work is needed but still may get badged.

this should be my fall project probably start in September
colors of choice so far Purple, or Orange

Sounds like a great plan, personally I’d lean toward the orange.

Thanks for the pics! I just found the speedo setup I want! just like the one in the 49..............[P

Cool! Another hump back. I've read those are hard, if not impossible, to chop. :rolleyes: I chopped my 48 anyhow. ;)

If you want any info, I have several bookmarks on different slope back chops I found while researching mine.

I wont get started till the fall at the earliest the 39 Plymouth is priority 1 it is going on vacation in July hope to put around 4000 trouble free miles on it in 2 weeks
The 425 Cadillac motor is going in the rat rod the 49 Chevy will get the 292 straight 6 fully dressed that was supposed to go in the 39 and I am putting the 350 back in the Buick

chop plan is to cut the top in one PC including trunk drop it down4-5" and move it forward trunk and all about 4" then fill in from the fenders to the trunk

Latest posts

Back