1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, my Mom would say I'm having a number ten about that cabin... You know... #10, Thou shalt not covet. The guy put a copper roof on it!! $70,000 in copper roofing. Deep deep hammered copper tub. Place is nuts beautiful.

It has the most organic feel of any building I've ever seen.

Torchie, my Mom would say I'm having a number ten about that cabin... You know... #10, Thou shalt not covet. The guy put a copper roof on it!! $70,000 in copper roofing. Deep deep hammered copper tub. Place is nuts beautiful.

It has the most organic feel of any building I've ever seen.

Looks like gold.
I looked at log homes for almost 20 years before I built mine. Not anywhere as custom as the one you rented but they really do have an organic feel to them.
Especialy the ones built out of full logs.
So what's new on the project???
Torchie.

Working on floor boards. I need to decide what I'm doing for brakes before I fabricate floor boards so I can make an access panel to fill the ms. I have been considering the manual disk/disk again. Just for simplicity sake. Would make placing the ms real easy.

Started putting the drivers side floor board back together. I found a local supplier fort he front cab mount. Saves me a bunch of time from trying to rehabilitate the originals that had quite a bit of stress crack-age.

The floor boards had that starry night thing going on. They only had one of the floor boards so I have elected to build my own patch panels. I need to roll some beads into it to make it rigid and also make a larger access panel for the new brake master cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpg
    IMG_1641.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 39
I was thinking of using like 1/2 or less of a small round drum to make an access panel for mine... It will be interesting how these turn out.

Had to dig out the bead roller. Can't find my drive belt[S. Bet I used it on the compressor. I have a four day weekend coming up so will but belts and make a new driver side floor pan. It takes longer to move my stuff around so I can get at tools:(

I need a bigger shop.

I use an old half inch drill and a v-belt reduction to drive my bead roller. I'm sorta looking for a low speed motor with reverse control

Too bad you don't live closer....

i've got a couple motors that might work and I also have a 24 volt tread mill motor that has a ton of umhf and is reversable...was going to use it in a go cart but haven't yet...

Hey Sgt, I appreciate the offer though. The tread mill motor is what most guys go for. I might need to hunt one down. The 1/2 drill is way to fast and to jerky. It would not take to much to have a real painful accident with a finger or two!

I did get some work in today. Driver side floor board is made, and welded in. I am going to cut out the oval area and do it over. It will be my access door to the master brake cylinder. I want the bead on the access panel, then I will fasten in with riv-nuts.

I just need to weld in the toe board to the floor board. Tough to get at the joint underneath. Not sure about the wisdom of welding the seam solid from the inside. Thoughts?

Oh, I also need to finnish welding in the new cab mount.

I managed to get this done with cab on frame. So far.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back