1949 ford pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fat juicy foto :D click on them DR to get a selection of sizes to snag
7725869158_5761b97143_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job. I like it.

What steering box did you use? I am at the point of decision for mine and I like what you did.

gold03

gold i used a vega box cross steer,made the steering column out of 1 3/4 exhaust pipe and hardware store bearings.with the vega box you have to have a pan hard bar if you go cross steer.

Forget it... I figured it out. Has to do with transverse spring and shackles swinging the axle sideways under steering loads. Sheesh!!! Another thing to fit in there.

Gold03

Gold all i did was make a short panhard bar about 12 inches long, and made the spring perch one of the mounts and made a bracket welded to the top of the Axel, just make sure the panhard is level at ride height.

close up picks of pan hard bar

her is a pic of my front suspension .

Attachments

• Photo680.jpg
    Photo680.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Photo681.jpg
    Photo681.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo689.jpg
    Photo689.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 42
engine picks

pic of my engine ,i have about 700 miles on it so far no problems been driving it every day.

Attachments

• Photo686.jpg
    Photo686.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo687.jpg
    Photo687.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo688.jpg
    Photo688.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo690.jpg
    Photo690.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 53
I will have to figure out how to attach a panhard bar to a 1947 Ford axle... Which gets me thinking... It came with a transverse leaf spring and I don't remember a panhard. I need to go back and look at that. The spring was mounted in front of the axle originally though. Must have offset the forces[S

Gold03

thanks Gold i believe the panhard on a 47 was attached to the wish bone end by the spring mount.I made windows (lexan) and hubcaps last night,getting ready for the Frog Folly's in Evansville Indiana next week end.

I made it to the nationals without any major problems.the truck is pretty good on gas,and geared great for the interstate 4.10s with a 33 inch tire and overdrive. here is a link to the pics of louisville 2012, http://www.flickr.com/photos/cris3025/page51/

Wow, now that's a nice bunch of rides! Would love to find out all about this little truck. [dr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cris3025/7753433732/

And your truck turned out fantastic by the way. [cl[cl Love the paint and love it that you drive it everyday! :cool:

3000 miles since 8-7. drive the truck every day rain or shine, rat rods are the best i haul car parts from the junk yard go to car shows in the same day

air ride

Hi all been a wile a little up date on the truck .i just finished installing air ride on the rear of the truck, i will let you know how it works in a few days . the truck has about 10,000 miles on it now

Latest posts

Back