1950 Chevy 3600 Rear Leaf Removal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casteil

What's goin on guys, I'm having trouble with these old leaf springs. I'm looking from every angle and I just can't figure out why they won't come out from under there. All I'm trying to do is remove the leafs from the frame and the axle so I can drop the rear end a bit without buying anything. (tips on that would be great also)

Thanks fella's!

2daln2g.jpg

Doesnt look like you removed the spring eye pins. You have to drive them out from the inside. Take the pinch bolts all the way out first. On my ford I couldnt access them so I had to take the hanger off the frame first.

To lower the rear end, you could remove some leafs. Or you could do a spring under axle for very cheap.

Yeah I kept piddling with it for a while and got those pinch bolts out, then drove everything out that I could and pulled them leafs off.

Thanks Adam

For anyone who doesn't know this already, they make stuff called "PB Blaster" and it's really good for rusted over bolts or parts. My buddy brought it by yesterday and I was super impressed. Great stuff!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back