1950 chevy fleetline 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunt2001

I was driving home from work one day and noticed this , i pulled up up to the house and asked the gent what he was asking?HE SAID 400.00and it has an open original title, so here are some pic's from when i bought her until now.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

more50pics009.jpg

more50pics011.jpg

more50pics013.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

sorry for so many bump's it would only let me load 10 pic's at a time, now i am really new to classic car's and i want to lower the stance of the old girl but have no idea how any cheap, low budget way's ?any responce's will be appreciated[;)also sorry for the perocity in the weld's i was using fluxcore[;)

Thats a steal for 400 but I dont think it is a fleetline, I had a 50 4 door fleetline deluxe and it was the fastback body style

damn....................really i am sorry could it possibly be a styleline.I am going off what i was told.ALSO HOW CAN I TELL IF ITS 235 OR 216?

Yeah i think it might be a styleline and the engines I cant quite remember but it had something to do with the oil like that a 216 has to have a certain amount because it had like little scoops that would help move the oil, oh hell I hope someone can help me out.lol

Man, where do you guys find these things???

I can't believe some of the deals you guys come across.... most of the stuff I find, these people want a fortune for it...... I found a pretty sad 53 Chev delivery wagon... needed a ton of work to even make it mobile and it was in various pieces..... wanted $3,500 for it.... walked away... they've been watching too much Barrett Jackson.....

Styleline. Fleetline was the slopeback. To lower it, you have drop spindles or cut the coils. Or you should be able to bag it without much trouble.

Yeah i think it might be a styleline and the engines I cant quite remember but it had something to do with the oil like that a 216 has to have a certain amount because it had like little scoops that would help move the oil, oh hell I hope someone can help me out.lol

its a Styleline Deluxe, if original automatic it has 235, if three on the tree 216 I have a '50 Fleetline Special (Economy model) 4dr sed I'm putting together

Hell of a deal for four hundred bucks. For a cheapie lowering job just cut the front coils and use blocks in the rear.

Thank's guys that what ill do. Im go low budget cruiser, I plan on daily driving this beast.Now when i freshin up the brake system what should i replace? shoes,drums turned and brake line's?

You don't scrimp on the necessary stuff...

Thank's guys that what ill do. Im go low budget cruiser, I plan on daily driving this beast.Now when i freshin up the brake system what should i replace? shoes,drums turned and brake line's?

Do it right, replace what needs replacing.... brakes aren't something to cut corners on.... unless you have a death wish!!

400 is a steal! Great car.
Some things to search for....the '51-up Chevy's have Bendix brakes, far superior to the Hucks brakes on a '50. If you can find a '54 automatic parts car, you'll be laughin'! The '54 'Glide cars have a 3.55 rear end ratio, much better for cruising than the 4.11's you have now. Swap in the whole rear, brakes, driveshaft and all. The front uprights off the '54 will lower the front end about 1" too. If you are swapping to the better brakes, might as well put the uprights in at the same time!
A stick car would have had a 216 from the factory, but lots can happen in 60+ years. A 216 has the side plate going up into the head, around the plugs, a 235 plate ends at the top of the block.
There is a chance that a pressure-oiled engine has been swapped in. A "dipper" can be identified by the three bolt tin plate just above the oil pan rail, in behind the exhaust pipe. 235's can be either way, 216's are all low pressure. If the 30# gauge pegs when running, it's probably a pressure engine, a Dipper usually has only 15# or so warmed up.
Well, that should give ya a dream list to keep you busy for a while! Have fun with that old Stovebolt.

You guy's have been very informative ,thank you, I will definitly be going through the entire brake system:)

Latest posts

Back