1950 Dodge Coronet (Big Block Grocery Getter)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourstrokin

Hi all, fairly new here. I have combed the site many times for inspiration, technical advice and help. Figured I should say hi and post up my build now.....

1950 Dodge Coronet with 93K original miles

I bought it one year ago and put in a 383 Mopar Big Block (Carter AFB, edelbrock performer, mopar orange box), 727 trans, ford Exploder 8.8 rear end, Cavalier Rack, Disc conversion with dual master (ECI), 12 volt full rewire, tilt column with auto shifter, aluminum radiator, taurus fan, Shock tower mod, lowered 2", Converted factory radio to an iPod stereo (all hidden and still looks like a factory unit with volume and power button controls integrated). I got lucky and the interior was already in excellent shape, just added lap belts (and child seat "Latches") and a carpet kit (along with some custom pedals and a custom choke lever). Body is 100% rust free. Future plans are to do a flat ruddy brown paint job and some pin striping, lower it more or bag it, 440?, and any other fun stuff I discover here.....

Sorry for the random order of some pics....

Had to remote mount my filter under radiator/bumper area since the frame rail would have hit the original spot and made it unserviceable.

Last edited:
Nice ride. [cl
Makes me miss my 51 Plymouth Cranbrook Sport Coupe I have tucked away in S. Oregon waiting for me to retire and make it into something exciting like this. I'm going with a Camero sub-frame, and 350/350. It sat for 30 years before I got it, and The paint is completely gone on the roof, and fades into brown primer then flat blue at the bottom of the sides. Perfect.

Man, I cant thank you enough for posting this. I'm building a B block for my 49 Plymouth right now and was wondering how the steering was going to work out. The pics you put up are perfect. What oil pan did you use?

Latest posts

Back