1950 Ford F-1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCROCHET

Just picked this baby up this morning. Dragging her to our ranch to start the project.
The truck came with a spare fender, a spare hood and extra front grill, A cab full of parts, a half broken down 351 Windsor engine. I have all parts to rebuild engine. spare holly carbs and a few other things i'm forgetting....

Her old home.....
DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Loaded up on the U-Haul and ready to roll.....
DSC_0008-2.jpg

looks like a solid project..whats your plans or her? I made a deal on a 48 last night,I'm just getting the cab and doors though..

Plans right now are for a rat rod build. Im not sure if im going togo fenderless yet or not but im going to feel it out as I go.

thats they way its going to stay for a lil while is full fendered....Im still driving but as soon as I get tot he ranch I will be pulling all the fenders and bed off to start assessing the project.

Got some work done on her this weekend.....Got the heads pulled off, water pump pulled and all the crap blasted off her, got the rest of the front clip is off to access everything. once the heads are cleaned and the gasket set arrives it will all go back together...

Gave it a good powerspraying and cleaning also.

DSC_0041-3.jpg

DSC_0049-3.jpg

^^^^ uhh thats a picture of a dog?
But this is my first time working on the style or year of truck. Its actually alot easier than I thought it was going to be. Im use to europeans modern cars. the lack of electrical is amazing and very easy to work on.

NOT sure?

I'm not sure, but I think that is a special edition F-1![S As you all can see in the pics it came with the rubber baby buggy bumpers!:eek: OH no wait I didn't have my glasses on! LOL:D
Looks good and solid! Great start! Put her back together with the fenders and slam it!
Keep us posted!

hahah ya the PO tapped towels around the ends bc he kept bumping into them in his garage. I just havent taken them off yet. ahahah Yes once motor is back together, all fenders will go back on the then the quest to go low begins...

^^^^ uhh thats a picture of a dog?
But this is my first time working on the style or year of truck. Its actually alot easier than I thought it was going to be. Im use to europeans modern cars. the lack of electrical is amazing and very easy to work on.

simplicity and room to move around -- were you going to run the front end on that truck?

Update....but no pictures as of now.
ONce I got into the motor. Ive realized its not salvagable. its locked up pretty tight. The bottom end it literally rusted together. So the look for a new ..er motor starts. I really only need a complete block. The heads and trans are fine and so are all the accessories. but probably easier to get a complete0 engine.

Got the door handles working properlly now and started cleanign up some more wiring.

started replacing the old hardware with new hardware on the front clip and running boards.

Will have pictures next week..

I've heard amazing stories about locked motors being free'd up by soaking the cylinders with PB Blaster (sometimes mixed with Mobile One) or other penetrating oils. Can't hurt to try it while you're on the hunt for a new block.
-Chaz

Finally got some more work done on the truck. Got the engine and trans pulled. got the front cleaned and primed and painted (no pics) and waiting for the new engine and trans from a 79' ranchero to go in next weekend. I hope to have it drivable very soon. one i get the engine in I can start figuring out the interior. Ive heard that a 3rd row bench seat out of a 80/90 suburban fits in with no problem? anyone know if this is true?

1034945829391_ORIG.jpg

2034945829398_ORIG.jpg

Last edited:
Picking up a 351 M with a c6 trans next week. Its currently sitting in a 79 ranchero. Runs strong and sounds good. Cant wait to get it in the truck!

Latest posts

Back