1950 Ford F-1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was a progressive weekend in my book. I dragged the engine up to the farm where the truck currently is. Cleaned the engine off a bit(tons of dirt and grime) and got her installed in the truck. next is to eliminate all the unnecessary emissions hoses and stuff that came attached to the engine....

The engine.....
DSC_0732.jpg

where she'll be going
DSC_0728.jpg

getting it unloaded
DSC_0736.jpg

the dirt and grime on the trans
DSC_0737.jpg

After a lil cleaning...not perfect but a hell of alot better than before
DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

and for some reason I dont have pictures of it installed. Not too sure y but will get them next week.

UPDATE TIME:

Engine is in and running. All that is left to figure out is shift linkage and get the drive shaft shortened just slightly. and will be good to go. I started taking the brake master cylinder off to be replaced with a new unit from speedway. Hopefully soon it will be driving under its own power...

Got some questions. Where is the best place to get a new ignition and keys? It did not come with a key when I bought it.

DSC_0051-2.jpg

DSC_0049-5.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Ignore the makeshift trans mount. it was from the previous owner and will be replaced soon.

DSC_0035.jpg

getting new ignition....
DSC_0044-2.jpg

Movin right along! You can get a aftermarket with Acc./Off/Run/Start switch or you can probably find an original on ebay. If you go with original, I would suggest using relays.

thanks^ there are only few more things i need to get here in town to finish up the engine and stuff. next trip up to the ranch I hope to have her moving and driving on her own. it'll be fun!

Just some random pics of the truck for now. working on a few electrical issues and rewiring a few things. nothing special. just waiting on parts to come in....

DSC_0048-1.jpg

shift linkage and brakes...all need replacing....
DSC_0039-1.jpg

Update. Got the disk brake conversion from speedway. Got to say this kit is well made and perfect fitment except for one little spot on the bracket but nothing a lil grinding wouldnt take car of. Looks amazing and going to be a def upgrade. Now all thats left of on the brakes is the master cylinder and rear pads.

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

Very cool, that looks great on there..is that the kit that uses ford truck rotors and gm big car calipers? I ordered a kit for mine this morning from f100central

Im not 100% sure on exactly what is used but I do know that the calipers are GM from an 71-76 impala. So i guessing that it may be the same kit. Kits is super easy to put on. No special tools. Instead of a press to put the spindle spacer on. I used a 2" metal pipe and a hammer. It worked perfectly. Cant wait to get the master cylinder on so I can test them out!

Im not 100% sure on exactly what is used but I do know that the calipers are GM from an 71-76 impala. So i guessing that it may be the same kit. Kits is super easy to put on. No special tools. Instead of a press to put the spindle spacer on. I used a 2" metal pipe and a hammer. It worked perfectly. Cant wait to get the master cylinder on so I can test them out!

it pays to shop around..the basic kit is $25 cheaper from speedway than the one i ordered from f100central:rolleyes: but the one I ordered allows me to use f150 rotors that I already have, so thats worth something..I guess..LOL

your truck is looking really good..you'll be cruisin in no time..

ya true. I did shop around but this seemed like the best for me since I wanted to replace the entire drum system an needed an entire kit.

there's a place on line called scarebird classics

they have bracket kits and such that you use over the counter parts for...I have some on my 63 bonne...uses 77 Pontiac 15" rotors and gm calipers..worked out really well...don't know where he got his, but the gold anodized caliper bracket looks vagely familiar......

Where did you get brake kit from

got mine from speedwaymotors. It came with everything I needed. Nothing was spared. It comes with Brackets, rotors, bearings, seals, bolts, calipers, pads, new brake lines. There was nothing left out and for a damn good price. I like it bc i didnt have to go source calipers or rotors like some kits make you do. Every was there and bolted up.

got mine from speedwaymotors. It came with everything I needed. Nothing was spared. It comes with Brackets, rotors, bearings, seals, bolts, calipers, pads, new brake lines. There was nothing left out and for a damn good price. I like it bc i didnt have to go source calipers or rotors like some kits make you do. Every was there and bolted up.

Thanks for the info

well a lil update but only one picture. Brakes are completely finished. Lines are all hooked up with new master cylinder. I cleaned and reused the metal lines that were existing and the speedway kit came with new rubber lines to the caliper.

I also got a lil surprise in yesterday. I cant wait to get to the truck to start to wire it up. I has literally 7 wires in the whole truck right now. I needed to go with something EZ and complete. This fit the bill. Hopefully I can get the truck wired next weekend and able to start the truck with a key...for once in 30 years.(30 years being the last time it ran on its own power)
IMAG0456.jpg

Started running wires to the areas that they go and now at a stand still. as far as Lights im fine on wiring. but when it comes tot he motor i am clueless.

Does any one have a wiring diagram of how the motor (351w)and ignition and starter solenoid is wired together? Im clueless on the motor and want to make sure I get it right. any help or diagram or even pictures would help out.

thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back