1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takes "playing the banjo" to a whole new level...[cl Looking good, keep it up!

Thanks smallfoot. I was always more of a "Standup Bass" kind of guy.:D

Attachments

• 264749_194816597237795_3979261_n.jpg
    264749_194816597237795_3979261_n.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21
It's really hard to beat the look of the old stuff. And it lasts forever if you don't over power it. Looking good. Stay after it.

I hear you POPS. I have been messing with old Ford stuff since 1970 when most builders were throwing the stuff away. Now it's called "Traditional". To me it's just always been cooool.:D I guess that I was just ahead of my time.
Even if I still go Flathead it will be mostly stock internally with just enough "Bling" on it to make it stand out.

Great picture Torchie!!!

Pic is from when I was leading a 18 piece Big Band smallfoot. We played all the greats. Ellington,Basie, Miller,Goodman,etc. I stopped playing about 3 years ago when what was left of my hearing ......Left.
Sometimes it seems like a life time ago......
Torchie.

Merry Christmas to you all.....

I just want to take a minute to wish all of my RRR friends a Safe and Happy Holiday season.
I am grateful for all of you.......:) [cl :D
Torchie.

Well, Torchie, you are still a stand up guy in my reckoning. I used to help out with a local jazz festival. Got to meet a lot of cool cats.

Happy Holidays

Kind of a long post. But here goes anyway........

Survived Christmas as I hope you all did too.[cl
So lets get out into the shop and put the Banjo all back together.

Pics 1-3. New driveshaft pin. Pin in place and then peened over.. Some people use a grade 8 bolt but I believe that the pin is soft for a reason.

Pics 4-5. New joint gasket and torque tube is slid into place. A little tricky as there is a middle bearing that you have to go thru. This is something that I have never had happen. The top 2/3rds on one of the bolt heads sheared off while it was being tightened. Looks like the safety wire hole was drilled wrong back in 1940-41:eek: So all new Grade8 bolts.:D

Pics 6-7. New thrust washer, snap ring and speedo gear housing gasket. Housing greased and in place.

Pics 8-9. It's painted. [cl I used a satin gloss with some texture to it. Covers up the flaws better and matches up with the frame paint.
Stopped at this point as my chest started to act up. Plan for tomorrow is to get the unit back under the frame. Need the room as something big and heavy is coming soon.......[ddd :)
Thanks for stopping by........
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Don't worry guys. Nitro. Never leave home without it

This mornings task. Get the rear end under the Frame.
Pics 1-2. Not a lot of room to maneuver that rear end unit under the frame.
Now I know why I made the wall a curtain.[cl

Pics 3-4. Same reason that I left the sky lift in place.:D
Positioning the banjo and pushing it into place. Biggest issue was getting the bell end of the torque tube up and into the center of the x-member while pushing the unit forward.

Pics 5-6. There you have it. Time for a 2nd cup of coffee and then put the garage back in order.:)
Thanks for visiting this morning.....
p.s.
For those that didn't see it here is a link to the project fundraiser that my daughters started for me. I have been truly humbled by the help that people have given me. It is allowing me to keep on keeping on. Thank you all.:)
Torchie.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/traditional-custom-truck-build

Attachments

• IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
Progress, progress, progress [cl
You do know you're making me feel bad :eek: No more than I've done on the 33 in the last several months [P

Nice work Nitro....lol

You take care of yourself Torchie....doesn't that stuff give you a headache?? The nitro....not the paint... :D

I'm not as careless as I appear to be.....LOL

You take care of yourself Torchie....doesn't that stuff give you a headache?? The nitro....not the paint... :D

Truth is I have only used the nitro a couple of times Sgt. And then only one pill. I have prescribed nitro about 4 months ago. But I always have it with me. At this point when the pains start I just stop what I am doing and rest. They usually subside after a minute or two.
When I had my heart attack back in 99 I knew exactly what was happening and told my wife to drive me to the hospital. Which the Drs. told my wife later was what saved me. Usually the recommendation is to call 911 and wait.
Got to admit that I was sore and stiff then next day after installing the Banjo unit. :)
Torchie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back