1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some on this board that hold hero status for me Torchie and you
have just made my list.

Thanks for the kind words eman but I have been on a few peoples lists for a long time.:eek::eek::D

Pieces-parts cleaned up and ready for paint. It's almost 30 here today so I should be able to get the walled off section of the shop up to painting temp and hold it there for a while.
Thanks for looking in on me......

Attachments

• IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1823.JPG
    IMG_1823.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Looking good my friend...

Are you able to get that area warmed up enough to paint ok? I did a bit of that yesterday as well...manifolds for my Pontiac....

Are you able to get that area warmed up enough to paint ok? I did a bit of that yesterday as well...manifolds for my Pontiac....

Torchie you must have one big a## heater [S

Glad to see your at it. Keep it up [cl

If you look at the first set of pics you can see the heater. 75,000 btu kerosene salamander. I used to have an 150,000 btu but it died on me a couple of years ago. Sounds like a jet engine but since my hearing is shot it doesn't bother me.;)
That's one of the reasons that I was shooting for today to paint. Outside temp was near 30 degrees. If it's too much below that then it is a problem.
Turned the heater on and let it run for a while to bring up the area temp as well as the temp of the parts. I keep the paint in the house so that's not an issue. Also the tarp wall helps to keep the heat in as well.. Finished the painting around 12 noon and kept the heater going till about 5 o'clock.
The thermostat on the heater is set at 60-65 and after about 3 hrs I could hear it shuting off and then coming back on so I know that it was keeping the temp.
Cost about $10 in kerosene but it was worth it to get the parts painted.
Now I can start to reassemble the front end.
By Friday we are supposed to be back in the teens for a high temp.:cool:
Torchie.

Seems a few of us are painting parts now. Good to see you sticking with it. Put those medical issues in the backgoround for a while.

No progress.....but an update......

as it's just been too bloody cold to work out in the shop.
-12 yesterday morning. But currently a balmy 18 degrees this morning[cl:D
Today is the day that I see the cardiologist again and get the definitive answer in regards as to what if anything they can do for my heart issues.
Appreciate any and all good thoughts sent my way.:)
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie.

Hope all goes well, Torchie! :)

Back from the Drs. All didn't go well but it is what it is.
Can't do anything for me via surgery for sure as it would most likely kill me.:eek:
So at this point it's a delaying action using strict diet and Meds.
Supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I am planning on getting out to the shop.
Time to get up off of that thing.....
Torchie.

Torchie, in most case's I would say that no surgery would be a good thing...
I'm confident you will do what you need to do to get through this....
wishing you all the best.......and some warmer weather ha

Back from the Drs. All didn't go well but it is what it is.
Can't do anything for me via surgery for sure as it would most likely kill me.:eek:
So at this point it's a delaying action using strict diet and Meds...

My dad had a heart attack and a stent put in when he was '86, and they put him on meds. He is now 95 freakin' years old and still the captain of the ship.

Modern medicine can do wonders, Torchie. Hope they can for you!!! :)

Where's the "man hug" emoticon ... [S

Torchie, You are surely in my prayers. All we can do in the life is live every day to the fullest. You gotta play the cards you're dealt cause you can't call for a new deal.

The older I get and the more the health problems come up, I just have to
look back at my life and count my blessings. If I die tomorrow I've got no
regrets and wouldn't change a thing.

Don't sweat the small stuff and remember it's all small stuff.
God has a plan for us all.

Good luck brother and keep the faith.

Torchie, You are surely in my prayers. All we can do in the life is live every day to the fullest. You gotta play the cards you're dealt cause you can't call for a new deal.

The older I get and the more the health problems come up, I just have to
look back at my life and count my blessings. If I die tomorrow I've got no
regrets and wouldn't change a thing.

Don't sweat the small stuff and remember it's all small stuff.
God has a plan for us all.

Good luck brother and keep the faith.

Hear you on all of that POPS.
I don't spend time looking back. I don't really want to see whats gaining on me.:eek:
I wouldn't change a thing because you change one thing and you change it all.And I have had a great life so far with a great wife and children.:)
And I don't have regrets because I don't have the time or energy to spend on that "Should a- Would a-Could a stuff.[S
I just keep moving forward. Beside it's harder to hit a moving target.:D
Torchie.

I don't spend time looking back. I don't really want to see whats gaining on me.:eek:

I just keep moving forward. Beside it's harder to hit a moving target.:D
Torchie.

Can't look back, too much going on in front!!!!

The moving target, that's my philosophy!!! If the reeper wants me he has to catch me first!!! Bet he can't find me, heck half the time I don't know where I am!!!!

Hey Torchie, We are getting a blast of arctic winter here agin. I've had some down time and been chilling and not getting much done. I did meet this beautiful woman... she tells me she is my wife! Amazing what you find when ya slow down. One day at a time my friend. Live the moment.

Keep the faith brother....

If med's and diet is the plan....stick to it....keep the positive attitude...medical science is finding things to fix crap every day....sometimes overnight they come up with stuff....so stay on track....Thoughts and prayers flying everywhere around you....Never, can't and I give up are not in our vocabulary... :D...

Latest posts

Back