1954 GMC Panel Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I just noticed the "HARDWOOD FLOORS" signage on the back doors... I'm thinkin' you'd best slap down some oak boards in the back...;):D

Another link for you, since you're asking about a front end drop and I assume you're on a budget.

www.chevytrucks.org

Check out the "technical articles" section, the web site owner has a how to on removing leafs from the front springs... Not a HUGE drop, but it'll help with a softer ride as well.

I like the white-over-green look, too. Not necessarily a fan of "patina," though. How 'bout a low-buck paint job with farm implement enamel?

Looks great! Keep up the good work![;):cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

patina

No it still has that old patina look on the outside.....but the inside is getting a homemade makeover......I'm just not fond of the yellow and green......

New toy in the mail!!

Good evening everyone!! I just got my new master cylinder w/ power booster in the mail today! I threw out the old single chamber and upgraded to the new dual chamber power brakes drum/drum! I can't wait to sling her up and bolt her on the ol' panel this weekend! SAFETY FIRST!!

[;)

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 23
Colors

Hey Brady,
How bout Flat Black bottom with Satin Tan top. You could fade the tan into the rusty patina on the side of the hood. Just a suggestion.

Lynn

@Shakey, lol I suppose you're right!!!! She might hafta like it since I'm the mechanic and the painter all rolled into one on this project haha lol.

I'll be lookin for some weekend pics they are always motivational. Monday mornings are horrible until you check the whats been going on here. Have a good and productive weekend.

@Flatgrey, AMEN! Mondays are the wors yt and no matter how bad I treat Monday, she keeps coming back!! Lol. I spent all day working on the truck today and took lots of pics, but I will post them later. I'm down at the local watering hole, wetting my whistle with a Blue Moon!!! Speaking of Blue Moon I can't wait to bump the oldies in my 54 cruising down Highway 1.

insulation

@Shakey, good looking out!! I was dreading to pay all that money for dynamat but it seems now I have an alternative. Can't wait to try it out...that was a great thread.

Thank you for the heads up![cl

Info

You're welcome. Stickey stuff. Pull the backing off one corner and put it where you want before peeling the rest off. I bought a 3ft by 33ft roll at a roofing supply for 99.00 bucks. HEAT IT AND ROLL IT. Good luck.

Lynn

Latest posts

Back