1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still here....

Hey!.. I'm still here. Man....I was way over on page 8!

I have been working on Buford. Between spring yard work, allergy attacks and family stuff, I have made some progress. Wish it was more but here it is.

I did get pics of the fender extensions. I used sections of 53-56 F100 rear fenders to add to the front fenders.

Also got some plumbing done on the engine.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 88
Buford is looking Great! Always had a thing for COEs and would love to have one someday. [dr

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Life...Don't weaken!

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys.:D

Yeah, Snakefarm, I've been fighting problems but I'm winning. My daughter is getting a divorce and gonna have to move back home with 3 boys...5, 7, and 8 1/2. Been preparing for that! I hope I'm ready...lol.:eek:

I have done a little on Buford...just not enough progress to brag about.:mad:

I do have some good news. I have discovered a natural treatment for my Parkinsons and my tremors are almost gone! It's unbelievable....even to me and I'm the one it's happening to. I am able to use my hands much better so I can't wait to get back to work on Buford. I can now do things I couldn't a month ago. So I'm planning on garage time starting next week. I will have a report soon.[;):)

Thanks again
Lynn

Wow Lynn, sounds like your plate is full. Sorry to hear about the divorce, never been through it myself but have been through it with family members a couple times and it's no fun. Remember, just keep it positive....especially for the grand kids....they'll need that.
Great news on the Parkinson's treatment :eek: Can't imagine how that must feel....that's gotta be an 'upper' [cl
Hang in there and keep us posted.

What's next???

Well Ray, it just keeps gettin' better...hehe. Wifey just lost her job. Ain't that a kick? Been havin' to kinda hold her hand for the last 3 weeks. Let go after 35 years !!!!! This MUST be a test.:confused:

The good news is that I have almost everything I need for Buford. I'm waiting on my window channels, whisper strips, vent rubbers, etc., to arrive from MidFifty. Already paid for and supposed to arrive tomorrow. Been workin' on Buford a little.....just stuff you can't see. Gonna spend this Saturday in the shop.[cl[;)

BTW, thanks for keepin' me motivated. It means a lot and helps keep me going. I really appreciate ya brother. I promise I'll have some progress to report the first of the week.:D

Lynn

Well Ray, it just keeps gettin' better...hehe. Wifey just lost her job. Ain't that a kick? Been havin' to kinda hold her hand for the last 3 weeks. Let go after 35 years !!!!! This MUST be a test.:confused:

The good news is that I have almost everything I need for Buford. I'm waiting on my window channels, whisper strips, vent rubbers, etc., to arrive from MidFifty. Already paid for and supposed to arrive tomorrow. Been workin' on Buford a little.....just stuff you can't see. Gonna spend this Saturday in the shop.[cl[;)

BTW, thanks for keepin' me motivated. It means a lot and helps keep me going. I really appreciate ya brother. I promise I'll have some progress to report the first of the week.:D

Lynn

Let's see.......holding the wife's hand, everything you need, already paid for and time in the shop. [S Maybe it's just me but I tend to look for the positive stuff. ;):D
And yes it probably is a test but I'm betting you'll pass it with flying colors!
Hang in there friend, better days ahead. :cool:

Blessed

Thanks guys.....I'm good...really. We are very blessed. I'm sure things will be better than before the bumps in the road. It's just life....and I'm lovin' every minute of it. Wifey has 2 very good leads on a job. She worked long hours so maybe now she can get a 40 hour week. So it will work out for the best.:):)

Got my door window channels by UPS today. Still waiting on vent rubbers, division bars and whisper strips. On back order but I won't need them for a while.[cl[cl

Thanks again.
Lynn (in the shop tomorrow....yay!):D:D

Lately, I know all about being tested.......

but I've never lost faith.......no matter what life throws at you, there is always a way over, around or through it with a little faith......my thoughts and prayers are with with you and your wife.....things will be fine.......:D

Yup...

Thanks for the comment, Eddie. I sold Freightliners for 10 years so I've REALLY got a big truck thang! But Buford is just gonna be a little 10' flatbed. 4" stacks, chicken lights, exterior visor,dual air horns, marker lites....you know....big truck stuff. And slammed to the ground!:D:D

......workin' on it. More pics soon.[;)

Lynn

Y'ain't gonna believe it....

I actually got some shop time over the last couple of days! Had to spend some time cleaning up and putting tools back where I could find them. Man....I'm messy! LOL:rolleyes:

Worked on Buford some. Gotta finish my fender extensions. Drilled holes and got the rest of the bolts in that hold the extensions on. Just gotta tack some flat washers underneath so the extension doesn't slip. Then I'm gonna knock the black paint off and prime in red oxide.[cl

I also added a rubber bushing the each rear cab mount to raise the rear of the cab. Needed more rake.:)

I hauled of the old van body and Buford's original frame. (Bet the neighbors are happy!) Also brought home the frame for my flatbed. 3" channel. Gonna have to shorten and narrow it but it's a good start. I'll get pics as soon as I get the honeysuckle vines and old lumber off.:D:D

So...there ya go. Hard to belive, I know.:p

Looking forward to seeing how the bed shapes up. You mentioned narrowing.....will the bed be a little wider than the cab though? Like to cover some big fat tires :cool: Love the wide flat bed/fat tire look on the COE's [cl

Glad you are getting some garage time again Lynn! [;)

[P[P[P

Oh yeah!!

Hey Ray,
The front fenders on the COEs are A LOT wider than the pickups so for that reason alone the bed will be wider than the cab. The bed will have to be as wide as the front fenders to look right.

But also, I agree about the wide rears. I've got a pair of 10" reversed steel wheels and I'm thinkin' 36 x 14.50 tires. And the bed will be wide enough to cover them. I may not have to narrow the bed. I have not measued the width yet. But, like I said, it's a good start.

Here's a pic of the front fender so you can see how wide they are..

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back