1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....been better!

Well Ray, what can I say? I've had a few bumps in the road. Wifey is still unemployed and lookin'. Filed for unemployment compensation and was turned down....filed an appeal. The hearing was last Wednesday and now we wait for the decision.:(:mad:

My daughter's divorce is a nasty one, as well as expensive. Very expensive!
And requires quite a bit of involvment on my part.[S:confused:

So, my friend, not much progress on Buford. I've managed a half day a few times in the shop. As I said earlier, I have a lot of stuff to work with.....except time. But you just gotta do what you gotta do, right? So, dont give up on me and Buford. The plan is still the plan. Having said all that.....I am still BLESSED. We'll be back on track soon.;):D:D

Thank you for your interest and concern, my friend. It keeps me motivated.

Lynn

Thanks.....

Thanks, Eman, for your support and concern.

And thank you, Mike. I hope your "bumps in the road" smooth out soon. LOL

Some good news.....! My wife won her appeal. Now we wait 15 days to see if the company will appeal the appeal decision. But, hopefully, she will find a job soon.:D:D

Me and Buford....

Hey Guys, you said you would wait. Well guess what? We are back! Wifey got a job. Not a great one but a job for which we are very thankful. Daughter and Grandboys are SAFE here with us. Very thankful! God continues to bless us.

And there's Buford....been waitin patiently all this time. Well, we got front cab mounts made. Got welding help from a good friend. (Can't weld....Parkinsons, you know.) Another friend donated braces from a 41 Chevy truck. I don't have em cleaned and painted yet but I thought you'd like to know we are alive and well......with pictures! We are going to add two mounts under the middle of the cab just for good measure tomorrow.

I think I am back on a schedule. We are gonna get on the road soon.[cl

BTW....thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I know they were there.:D
Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 105
Lynn, it's good to hear from you! Sounds like things are looking up again and I'm happy for you...........and for "Buford" :p He's gotta be lovin' the attention. :D Looking forward to more progress. [P[P[P

Spent ALL DAY in the shop!

Ray and Mike......thanks for the good words. I knew you guys would be watchin'. :)

Yep....all day in the shop! Made and installed cab mounts under the cab. I was able to use existing mounts on the frame that were used for the van. My buddy made the mount bracket that we bolted to the brace on the bottom of the cab. That makes 3 mounts on each side of the cab,,,,back, center and front. It is unbelievable how well this van chassis fits a cabover. [cl

I also got about 1/2 the cowl cleaned and sanded. Worked some stripping stuff of the dash. So that's today.....more to come later.:D:D

Thanks
Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 71
Yep...glad you're back at it...

but when it comes down to it....family is first.....glad everything is working out.....and nice to see you at it again...

Been working on Buford.

Yep...it's true. Made a pattern for the floor repair. Gonna pick up a piece of new metal tomorrow. A friend, Old Ladys Mad, gave me a pair of "shorty" running boards and a pair of long runnin boards. I am gonna use them to make my steps. I also got the old bed headboard I am going to use to make the headache rack for the front of the bed.[cl

I also painted my new front cab mounts.

I am going to do most of my metal repair using the new "panel bond" glue. My Parkinsons prevents me from welding so I guess that is my option. Besides.....be cool to have truck held together with super glue. LOL Have any of you guys tried it? I guess I'm going to step out into a "new frontier". I will get plenty of pictures ( if I don't glue myself to the floor or something). Now don't laugh yet....let's try it and see.[S:D[P

Sorry. No pics this time but soon. I promise.

Lynn

Soon....

I'm interested to see how you like the panel glue. Always been curious about it.

Yeah Sam, I'm lookin forward to tryin it. Got a buddy who works in a body shop. He swears by it. The metal on late model stuff is so thin, you can't weld it. That's why the glue! He is bringing some extra he has for me to try. He is also loaning me a gun.[;)[S

One problem is that this stuff is VERY, VERY expensive. Around 45 bucks per tube. Don't know how much a tube will do...???? The gun used to apply the stuff is about 45 bucks too! So, lots of things to consider. ....and welding isn't cheap.:confused:

BTW, a friend did do some welding for me today. Buford had a cut and a few holes in the center of the roof. We put a patch on the inside.[cl

Some progress.

Mocked up my steering column. A buddy has a Hemi connecting rod that I am going to use for a column drop. 1978 Chrysler Cordoba column (same as GM). photo attached.

Photo attached of roof patch.

A friend brought me a pair of stainless steel quarterfenders. They are for highway tractors but I am gonna cut them into 2 pieces and make full stainless rear fenders for Buford. Attached photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 93
I'm tryin'....

I'm shootin' for the first of May. Might not be completely done but hopefully, on the road by then, buddy. Scott and Dean are helpin' a lot! I've got nearly everything I need......just gotta get it together. Come and visit.:D:D

Later

Latest posts

Back