1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movin' right along...

Got some stuff done......with help from a couple of friends, Scott and Dean.

Insulated inside of cowl with Peel and Seal. Painted outside of cowl with bedliner. :)

Modified brake booster (brake pedal) to dash bracket and mounted it to bottom of dash. This bracket is from the donor van.:cool:

I am using a column from a 1978 Cordoba. It is the same as a GM column with a wiring harness adapter to fit the Cordoba. I removed the adapter and it fits my harness. The steeering lined up so well that we used the original rag joint. The column drop is an aluminum connecting rod from a hemi race engine. We made a very strong bracket to mount it to the dash. The shift lever on the column was on the wrong (left) side so we cut it off and flipped it over and welded it back on the other (right) side.[;)

Next I'm gonna take everything out and paint it. I'm also gonna replace the left floor pan and toeboard.:D

Lynn
Well, I tried to upload photos but it won't let me. It says I'm missing a "security token". Tried to contact the administator but it won't let me do that either! Somebody help???

Sounds like some good progress Lynn! Glad to see ya have time and friends to help at the same time. :D Sounds like the column went well, seems like a lot of stuff on Buford has fell in place like it was meant to be there. :cool:
As for the pics, I read where Tripper told someone having the same problem to make sure they checked the little remember me box when they logged in and that should fix it. [S Try that and see, hope it helps.

Ray,

Ooops!

Sorry guys. I figured it out. I loaned my camera to my daughter and she reset my pixel count. It is set too high. I have lowered the count and will retake pics tomorrow. I will have new pics tomorrow pm.

BTW, thanks for the good words, Ray and Skull. Yeah.... I'm very pleased with the progress. I'm "in da groove, man" LOL Gonna keep on cookin' till it's done!:D:D:D:D:D
Later
Lynn

Makes me happy you are making such good progress. Having friends willing to help says a lot about your character.

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment Bob. I am very blessed to have the many friends I do have. Most of the stuff I have for Buford has been given to me by friends. Dual air horns, stainless rear fenders, dual 4 inch exhaust stacks, 59 Chevy Impala steering wheel, tilt column and much more! Buford is gonna be more theirs than mine. LOL

Thanks again

Lynn

Thanks for the compliment Bob. I am very blessed to have the many friends I do have. Most of the stuff I have for Buford has been given to me by friends. Dual air horns, stainless rear fenders, dual 4 inch exhaust stacks, 59 Chevy Impala steering wheel, tilt column and much more! Buford is gonna be more theirs than mine. LOL

Thanks again

Lynn

[S Did someone say '59 Impala steering wheel? [dr[dr
Congrats on that score Lynn! Those have to be one of the coolest steering wheels ever! :cool:

Try again..

Here are the photos I could not load last nite. Refer to previous post...please. Thank you for your patience.

Scott (Old Ladys Mad) provided the column drop and did a lot of the fab work. Thanks buddy.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 71
Impala wheel

Yeah, Ray, another friend gave me the wheel and would not let me pay him for it. I've got a bunch of hours in restoring it but it is nice. I am going to repaint it Bufords colors.:D:D

I got GREAT friends, huh?[cl[cl[cl

Lynn

Friends still helping...

Worked on Buford all day. Got that rusty floorpan on drivers side cut out. I made a new piece for the inside of the wheelwell. Also made two braces to go under the floor and mount to the left side brace that runs front to back. These will give strength to the floor because it has no support in the center where the motor sits.:D

I picked up my "glue" today and borrowed an air powered gun to apply it. I'm gonna make all the pieces I'm gonna glue before I start because I need to glue as much as I can when I start. You get 2 tips with the glue when you buy it and they are not reusable.[cl

Also sanded on the right doorjamb and dash.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 68
More floor....

Fabricated a piece to replace the inside of left front fenderwell. Also made a replacement for the floorpan. It is just laying in place....I will trim to fit when I install it. I am making all the pieces to be glued before I start installing them. Clamping these pieces may be impossible so I am using screws to hold them in place. When I begin to glue them, I'll remove the screws and glue the pieces and reinstall the screws to hold them till the glue dries. [S

I have included pics of the air operated gun and the glue. The glue cost $43.00 for the double tube with 2 tips. It is specifically for metal to metal. They make glue for plastic and for fiberglass.[S

In addition, I've included a photo of my 59 Impala wheel for Snake Farm. Whataya think Ray?[cl

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 74
Glued and screwed....

...the new floorpan, that is. Do I like the glue?....well, kinda. It is quicker than tacking it in. You have to have everything ready that you are going to glue because you have 40-50 minute work time. The tube comes as a double tube and looks and acts like epoxy. The tube I had kept bypassing internally. The glue side was leaking around the plunger that was supposed to push it out. This caused there to be more hardener coming out and that caused it to become hard much quicker. After about 20 minutes, we found it very difficult to get it to flow. It also doesn't go as far as I thought it should.

You get 2 tips with the tube but they aren't reusable. I think I'll buy a couple extra tips next time at $4.00 each. We used self-threading screws and I am going to leave them in the floor. So...will I use it again? Yep. If I can afford it. (BTW, cleans up with thinner.)[cl[cl

I also got my cab corner cut out. I'm gonna flange the cab and glue the new one on.:D

Obligtory photos....LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 66
Work, work....

My buddy and I are workin on Buford a few hours EVERY DAY! Making patch panels and repairs behind the cab corner. Also, making repair panels for the bottom of the cab at the door openings. Gonna get everything made and ready before I get more glue.:D

Using screws to mount the pieces. When everything is ready to glue, I'll use screws and rivets to hold in place till the glue sets. Then I'll remove the screws or grind off the heads.[cl

Also working on doorjambs and w/s channel..... gettin them ready for some color.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back