1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update....

Final mock up of steering column and pedal. I stuck the seat in (kinda) to check position of the column. I've got plenty of leg room....the guy in the seat is for measurement only....not looks! LOL.

Everything fits great!:D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 99
Thank ye, Thank ye...

Yeah, Ray, the guy in the seat is one of the friends who has been a lot of help on this build. And, yes, he is having a ball.....outstanding fabricator and welder. He has a 55 Nomad that is next after we get Buford goin'![;):D

I have set a deadline in my mind so I do SOMETHING EVERY DAY. Some days it's a lot, some days it's not. I worked about 3 hours today....cleaned and painted the booster. One of my saws bit the dust so had to go this morning and borrow one from a buddy. .....go get kerosene.....put tools back where I can find em. You know, one of those days. But....oh well, I don't play golf. LOL :(:(

Thanks for the comments.

Lynn

Movin' right along....

First fit of my new cab corner. This is just stuck on there....no adjustment yet! Man, the stuff from MidFifty F100 Parts fits great. I am very happy with everything I've gotten from them. Tomorrow, we'll flange the edges and then it should fit perfectly.:D:D

Today, I also set up my new chop saw. I had an old, small cabinet that I put casters on and I'm going to mount my saw on it. Harbor Freight...$59.95.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 46
Everyday...

Yep....workin on Buford everyday! Sheet metal repair mostly. Got most of the inside sanded....almost ready to prime and paint. I decided the color I had picked wasn't really what I wanted. I want a copper color so I am going to use 56-57 Chevy Sierra Gold. That is the "copper" color that is two-toned with Adobe Biege. I know for sure that is copper. I want inside the cab nice and shiney. Hope to paint inside soon.:D

Here are pics of the new cab corner glued and riveted in place.[cl

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 41
:cool: That will be an awesome color for Buford! You don't see too many '57s that color but it is one of favorite color schemes..........

IMG_4917Large.jpg

BTW What are you doing up at this hour? :p Me?........I got up to P :D

Sheet metal repairs

Thanks for the pic Ray. I can always count on you.... More sheet metal repair today. I discovered that the passenger side cab corner is much worse than I thought. So.....called and ordered a new one.

Decided to begin repairing the drivers door. It has been damaged in the past....so I decided to replace it with a pickup door. I am going to have to modify the bottom to fit the COE. The hardest modification is to relocate the bottom hinge pocket. We first cut off the front of the damaged door (first pic). Then we removed the inner structure that the hinges bolt to (second pic). Next we have to cut off (shorten) the inner structure in the good door and weld the bottom hinge pocket to it. Really.....easier than it sounds. I'll post more pics when we get finished. One good thing....I can use the COE passenger door by just replacing the inner and outer bottom. Moving on.....

Thanks for the interest Outlaw. Lots more to come.[;)[;)[;):D

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 48
Relocating hinge pocket

Still working on the drivers door. Had to open up the inside of the door so we can weld in the part of the inner structure where the bottom hinge mounts. Before welding it in, we put the door in place so it would be lined up. Next the structure will be tacked in place before taking it out and finish the welding. We cut everything a little long so it will be trimmed to fit. But the door fits GREAT. I bought this door ( and the passenger door) from PullAPart for $37.50 each. Really cherry doors too. How often do you find something this old at PullAPart? Got lucky......![;):D[cl

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 45
Continued.....

I'm still working on modifying the pick up truck door to fit my cabover. It's quiet a bit of work but it is impossible to find a COE door. The doors are the same except for the bottom. Here are pics of the changes so far. Nearly done......:D[cl

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 41
All by myself.....NOT!

Thanks Scott, Thanks Ray. But I can't take all the credit. I've got a buddy who is helping me. :D

This is so slow. I'm anxious to get some paint on the inside but I'm trying to get all of the sheet metal repair done before I move on. I've got the inside almost ready to paint. I should get my other cab corner in a couple days by UPS. Still got to put it in, finish this door, replace bottom of passenger door and repair some rust (structural) in the hood. But, like I said....I don't play golf.......:rolleyes:

Lynn

Lynn, Buford is lookin good. You're at the point where you can't wait to get it done. That's where I am on the Vomit.It justb needs minor stuff, but you are so ready to just pull it out and head down the road. I guess that's why I never get one done before it finds a new home or I start another project. Keep up the good work. You'll get there dude. Just be patient grasshopper.[dr

Well....

STILL working on the drivers door. Since there has been damage to the door opening in the past, we have had to make a bunch of shims to align the door in the opening. Waiting to get it in correctly before putting the outer skin (bottom) on so we could make sure the bottom inner fit . Anyway....everything fits extremely well. Ready to glue the outer skin on.

Oh yeah.....they goofed and sent my cab corner to some guy in New Hampshire! No big deal.....they are shipping another to me.

....a few more pics for you addicts.....LOL.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0626.JPG