1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright then

I almost took on a C.O.E. project back in the mid 80's. Lookin at what you got going on kinda makes me think that maybe it still isn't too late???? I could tell the Ol Lady it's going to take the place of my car dolly!!!!
later

Go for it....!

Ain't never too late, Doc. If I can do it...... you know. Just, if you do, use a van chassis. It is so much easier. Of course, that's just my opinion. Based upon experience, don't you know.

If you build one, you won't meet yourself comin down the road. LOL :D:D

Hey, here I am....

Been kinda under the weather ... again! Yeah, old age sucks! But I have managed to continue with some repairs to the right side cabcorner.

See? More pictures of clamps!

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 55
Today.

Thanks, Ray. Got the right cabcorner "glued and screwed" today.

Such a beautiful day in East Tennessee, we knocked off early and went to the local cruise-in. About 75-80 cars showed up. Just chilled.......

No pics today!:(

Lynn

Yea......

Finished replacement of right-side cab corner. Left door is finished but I still have to replace the bottom inner and outer on the passenger door. [cl

Before starting on it, we decided to hang some of the front sheet metal. Looking ahead, I need to get a radiator. Had to temporarily assemble some of the front......radiator support, deflectors, etc., so I could get a measurement for a radiator.:confused::confused:

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 58
Oh my, careful there hanging fenders and stuff on 'Buford'...........folks are gonna realize how cool this thing is gonna look! :cool: Glad to see it coming along Lynn, it sure is looking good! [cl[cl

[P[P[P

Oh Yeah!

Thank ye, Ray..... Think this is low enough? LOL ;);)

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 49
Sweeeett!!!!!

Lynn, Buford is lookin sweet. You don't need to cut anything off the bottom of the fenders. He'll look just fine like he is.[dr

Well......

Mocking Buford up to make a support for the front sheet metal. I just could not resist setting the hood in place. The bottom of the lower valance measures 6 inches from the gtound.

Looks about right, huh?:D:D

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 115