1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big? Oh yeah....

Thanks for the comments, guys.

And hey Shea.....MASSIVE? My f100 is 6'4" wide at the front.....Buford is 7'4" I'm gonna have to learn how to stay between the lines lol.

Lynn

Not much.....

Me and The Buf are still here. Been fightin those springtime allergies. But, I guess not too bad yet. :(

I have put a lot of time in the garage........some of it wasted! Isn't it funny. Something looks great inside your head but after working on it for a week, you realize it's not what you want. I work on the "keep it simple stupid" method but this one slipped by me. Worked on a support for the radiator support and it ended up way too complicated. I'm not even gonna show it....ain't pretty.:confused:

However, I came to my senses. I need a crossmember-like support for the bottom of the radiator to mount on. I have to drop it down about 20 inches below the frame. The piece in the photo will bolt to the frame. I will reinforce the bottom. I will add a few gussetts to hold it if I bump a speed breaker (which is very likely). Anyway, that's that. More later.:D

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 52
Hey Lynn, Haven't seen you in a while. Glad you are doin better. Takin 3 steps back sucks after you went 2 to get something accomplished. I'm in the hurry up and wait mode on my 35 truck. Can't get in my buddy's garage to get started. Has his painter's 55 chevy in there doin some work on it. This to shall come to pass. Keep up the good work on buford. C'ya. Lynn.

Last edited:
Yippieeee!

Buford got paint !!!!!!! (inside anyway.) Bout time, huh? [cl[cl[cl[cl

Attachments

• IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 57
Re-do....

Thanks Ray. Yeah, I'm really happy with it. I painted the Impala wheel and it looks great two-toned copper and cream BUT....had a bad place on it so I'm re-painting it. I can't feel blemishes like I used to and certainly can't see em....oh well....too many Birfdays....LOL. :(:mad::eek:

Thanks for the support, buddy.[cl

Lynn

Thanks for the good words, Bob. I hope I get good results when I do the outside. I'm gonna try to just "fog" the outside to change the color and leave the patina. :D

Pugs....thanks....keep on cheerin". lol.[cl

Lynn

Still here.....

A couple of days of allergy atacks here and there. But still working on Buford. Building the front end sheet metal supports is slow. Especially for me. The cab is slung so low in relation to the frame, everything has to be hung down from the frame. Almost done with the front "crossmember" though. Should go faster after that is done. Next I'm gonna mount the radiator and condenser.[;)[;)

Sorry I don't have any pictures. I will post some soon. Just wanted you to know Buford and I are still here......and working toward the Redneck Rumble!
We are planning on being there.....finished or not!:D[P:cool:

Lynn

I heard you were trying to be done for the Rumble in Sept. I hope you make it. I look forward to seeing it there. I too am working on a cabover hauler and trying to make the show, but like you, medical problems keep popping up.
All we can do is try our best. Good luck, I hope you make it.

Bert

Hey Bert. Where is Sugar Hollow?
What kind of COE are you building? Have you got a thread going? What kind of chassis? ...I got a lot of questions, haven't I? Well, you know. theres not a lot of us crazy enough to tackle one of these things. PM me some info when you can. And yeah, I'm REALLY trying to make the rumble.....hope to see you there.:D

Now....here are the pics of my "hanging crossmember". We are trying to build it strong. If I run a bumper, it will have to attach to it. So, we braced the top to try to give it strength. The two stainless rods on the bottom brace back to the existing crossmember of the truck. The radiator support sits on this crossmember we made. The radiator is gonna be so low in relation to the motor that I'm gonna have to use electric fans. (A friend gave me fans off a '06 GTO. I think they will work.)[;)

That's all.....more later

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 37
Hot Dogs

Why Bob....I was kinda plannin on drivin up to Stillwater for the Labor Day cookout at your house.....!!! (Just kiddin!).[ddd:D

Thanks for the encouragement.:cool:

LOL
Lynn

Latest posts

Back