1956 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Well her is the newest of the fleet. The International is still in the works. I was just getting bored not having something cool to cruise around in. I picked it up about a month ago and am doing a little updating now. I just thought Id share it with you guys

Attachments

• IMG_3021.jpg
    IMG_3021.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 62
Dude... I love those big Caddy's! Now that's a really sweeeeet land yacht! Cruise on!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Thanks guys! Ya im pumped to get out and cruise this sub! We do have a local drive in burger joint as well as a drive in theater. Im planning on hitting up both in it!

Well its been a little more work than I had planned on. got all new brake lines all set, new wheel cylinders, and all brake parts cleaned up. So now she stops well. The motor on the other hand isnt doing so well. I got her all started and it was poppin and spitting and smoking. I believe the rings are stuck. I may be wrong so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Im now thinking about swapping out the motor and trans for something a little newer. I have a built 327/400 that im thinking about throwing in it. It would get me going a lot faster than rebuilding the caddy motor.

But if anyone has any ideas let me know what your thinking. Im willing to try anything just about now

I have to admit I really do love the 50's Caddys. mine looks so sweet with the windows down and no posts! It just stinks that i didnt get to drive it this year

I had a couple extra eyes go over the car with me. I had 2 wires crossed so there was the issue with it not runnign right. Plus it has sat for a long time so the little bit of gas that was in the system got pumped into the carb and has it running a little nasty. After switching the wires she fired right up. Its a little out of time still and that will be fixed soon. It was nice to hear her run smooth and know that i dont have to pull the motor!!

Latest posts

Back