1957 Chevrolet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyButt

This one is going to be on the back burner for a while, but I wanted to show it to you guys. Someone took a 4 door and cut it down to a 2 seater two door, added a sun roof, reverse hinged the trunk and cut down the fins and added cadillac taillights. Rumble seat! Rumble Seat! [ddd

I am thinking no front sheet metal just a big honking torque monster engine on the rails with a straight axle front end like a gasser. Something for a grille...

Attachments

• Body (3).JPG
    Body (3).JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Body (1).JPG
    Body (1).JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Body (5).JPG
    Body (5).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Body (4).JPG
    Body (4).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 43
l like it,[cl

l would put a front-end on her, maybe a 'glass flip racing style one, that would look great on there.

Later :cool:

I agree, flip front end, wouldn't even have to use the 57 grill, could just leave it off and put a polished Moon style tank there.

Turn it in to a roadster and put a caddy front clip on it. Its an interesting project for sure!

My 2 cents.
I agree with the roadster part. I would also put the fins back on.
I would set it up on a frame like a T-bucket with open front wheels and the rear wheels inside the fender wells. Make the trunk into a rumble seat.
Paint it a heavey metallic with a white tuck and roll interior and drive the snot out of it.[cl
Torchie.

My 2 cents.
I agree with the roadster part. I would also put the fins back on.
I would set it up on a frame like a T-bucket with open front wheels and the rear wheels inside the fender wells. Make the trunk into a rumble seat.
Paint it a heavey metallic with a white tuck and roll interior and drive the snot out of it.[cl
Torchie.

Thats close to the plan, but prob to high budget for me as far as paint and interior goes. I am thinking Ford FE power now. I need a frame...

I would do exactly like the guy on the link Flipper posted. If you don't want a front end do it your way though. To me these wide cars and trucks from the 50's look weird without a full front end, with a few exceptions.

Any ideas what the wheelbase would be? I'm wondering if it will feel like driving a rocking chair down the road, especially with a straight axle front.

I would do exactly like the guy on the link Flipper posted. If you don't want a front end do it your way though. To me these wide cars and trucks from the 50's look weird without a full front end, with a few exceptions.

Any ideas what the wheelbase would be? I'm wondering if it will feel like driving a rocking chair down the road, especially with a straight axle front.

Thats a big reason I want to go without the front end. I would like to entend the wheelbase quite a bit over what it would be as a shortie.

Latest posts

Back