1959 International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tackman

This is my first project in a long time. It has a 400 Pontiac with a 400 turbo,12 bolt rear end and the suspension is out of a late model Trans-Am so it has disc brakes. I just bought it yesterday for 500 bucks. I think it will end up being flat black with some moon discs. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
1959Side.jpg

1959Internationalrear.jpg

1959Interior.jpg

new Wide white wall tires, slam it, up date the the dash, flat black out side, different color in side, ditch the seats, paint under the hood to match the inside of the truck and you will have a killer rat,

I want a 57 ford truck flat black, white interior ans white and gold motor. that color scheme looks killer and would lok great on your truck.

Keep us updated as you go along![P

Thanks for all the replies. The yellow is starting to grow on me but I will have to wait until it gets in the garage to make the final decision on the color. First thing I have to do is get it road worthy and then find some wheels and tires.

That's a cool truck; I like those bizzare looking headlights! That's great that your drivetrain and suspention are set up, too. Quite a steal for $500! Definately ditch the wheels but I'm with the majority, the yellow looks good.

Cool Truck!

I used to drive one of those for a landscaping company in the 70's. Rode like a tank,(one ton I think) tough as nails! Sounds like the hard work is done. A steal at $500.

34 Chevy 3 window
75 Sportster custom

I finally had time to get some work done on the truck today. The rear-end is straight now. The homemade lowering blocks failed and caused the axle to move. We had to wash it first just to see the difference in the color when clean.
The best part of the whole day was having the help of two of my kids.
1stwash4.jpg

1stwash3.jpg

1stwash2.jpg

1stwash.jpg

I took some more pictures yesterday. I found some buckets and console out of a Range Rover that if the price is right will go very nicely in the truck.
100_1242.jpg

100_1243.jpg

100_1244.jpg

100_1245.jpg

100_1246.jpg

100_1241.jpg

The bottom of grille area has been cut off and replaced with steel. I have to pick it up on friday and I will post pictures of the improved grille area.

1stwash3.jpg

Latest posts

Back