1964 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfgt

I have been working toward building my first project. The problem I have is not failure to launch, but with a kid starting college, failure to afford :). I have been buying a few rusty old truck, vans, and waggons to scrap. Picking up motors, and parts to trade for what I will need, or use to trade.

My next door neighbor has been watching me doing this for a few months now, and came over last week. She had a title in hand, and told me she wanted me to do her a favor. She had an old eyesore at her lake house she wanted to get rid of. No strings attached she just wanted this thing gone.

I am kind of impressed with what I got. I havent looked at it real close, but I cant scrap it its too cool, and in better shape than I thought. Their son bought it ten years ago. Did a amature quick and dirty paint, carpet restore. Got it running well, new shocks, brakes, etc. He bought a more powerful Bronco, and its been sitting for three years. Lost interest.

Its 4wd, three on the tree, got a tornado under the hood. Kinda cool. I havent tried to get it running yet. Brakes, and clutch goto the floor. But the tires were still up, rolls free, all glass good.

Has anybody played with one of these? I will post pick later when my wife gets home with the camera.

Your thoughts would be greatly apreciated.

Jim

I did a 69 awhile back. That one had a 350 Buick and turbo 400 trans. That was the last year for Kieser before amc bought them. The only weak thing was the old mopar rear with the tapered axle to drum with a woodrif key, broke three axles and put a 9" in and worked great. Good tow car and killer in deep snow.
It'll be a good ride for you or should sell, can't help but make money.
I'd take any thing at that price.
See ya

I remember the Wagoneers with the Buick 350's and turbo 400s. Probably the best ones ever built. Another weak point was the front drive shaft was really close to the transmission and left the corner of the case vulnerable if the front drive shaft failed.
I have a friend who put a Plymouth sedan from the 30's on a wagoneer frame then put a Pontiac 455 and turbo 400 in front of the stock 4x4 running gear.....very cool.

Latest posts

Back