1968 C10 just aquired

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat project truck. I have a 72 that started as along wheel base, lowered 4"s in the rear and 2"s in the front to make it sit level and still be used as a work truck.

yes thank you , i realized the ball joint thing after installing new 68 ball joints, now i have to go exchange them tomorrow. i found a guy who is giving me the whole front set up off of a 71-72 truck for 100 dollars, i think i need to change the inner and outter tie rods and drag link if im not mistaken as well correct. the gentleman said something about he will give me the drag link free and i need to change the inner and outter tie rods ????

im not familiar with these trucks, im more a fifties person myself haha[S

yes thank you , i realized the ball joint thing after installing new 68 ball joints, now i have to go exchange them tomorrow. i found a guy who is giving me the whole front set up off of a 71-72 truck for 100 dollars, i think i need to change the inner and outter tie rods and drag link if im not mistaken as well correct. the gentleman said something about he will give me the drag link free and i need to change the inner and outter tie rods ????

im not familiar with these trucks, im more a fifties person myself haha[S

If he'll sell you the whole front clip, grab the entire front cross member!!!!!!!
It has I think 7 bolts on each side and the entire clip will roll out. You will need the outer tie rod ends otherwise and CPP makes a conversion coupler to use the 68's inner and the 73's outer tie rods.
But if you get the whole thing including the drag links, the whole thing will bolt in and it'll save you the whole trouble.

Ok so the Spindles are being delivered. Today, I have everything apart including this I took the ram assisted steering off and he is including a steering box . I guess they were rare in 68 because they only came on 67 or something along those lines. I'm not sure just what I heard . So ill get tho front put back together and start driving her daily for now

Latest posts

Back