1976 F150 Supercab Semi rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dentside90

I'm building a 1976 F150. i have a 91 Supercab frame with a 460 4x4 auto transmission and an 8ft bed. The original 76 is a supercab long bed also, 390 2wd auto trans and typical cab rust. I have been working on it for about 6 months. the 91 originall was purchased for $200 to use as parts for my 87 bronco didnt really consider trying to fix it since it was totaled in wreck. the front passenger side was ruined but i got a crazy idea on day and just started fooling around with it and low and behold it runs even on the year and a half old gas. I say semi rat because its being made from a bunch of leftover parts and its being built to drive. any who.

truck when i got it
IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

me and the boy taking it apart
IMG_4798.jpg

got the frame painted and the 76 cab mounted
IMG_4800.jpg

the exhaust i built there's no hangars in this pic but there on it now.
IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

the bed mounted with the help of my kids
IMG_5314.jpg

some really problematic rust i had to fix
IMG_5317.jpg

i had to cut the fire wall to get the cab to fit.
IMG_5173.jpg

after the repairs
IMG_5330.jpg

so thats where im at i got some more done today allmost got all the rust welded up over the doors so i should be able to put the glass back and get her running and driving. i had to sell my bronco to get money to fix the truck. so im in a tight spot with only one vehicle.

I liked the black and white picture of when you bought it ;)
It's a lot of fun when the family will help. The kids will be as proud of it as you and the stories :eek:
Looks like they may have the first signs of your disease, buildin rats :D
Keep the posts comin [P [P [P

Got some more work done the other day. got the fire wall finished as far as patching and welding is concerned. most of the pieces i cut to fit the cab around the engine went right back in with some slight modification so turns out i guess i didnt have to cut the firewall after all. kind of makes me feel like an idiot but these things happen. i always did say the best way to learn is to mess it up any how.

Looks like it would have been easier to just swap the 460 and 4x4 stuff onto the 76 frame [S

I ran into the same thing a few years back, trying to put a 68 onto a 76 frame, everything looked the same, but was different enough it wouldn't bolt up. Ended up keeping the 68 frame and swapping engines.

Latest posts

Back