'27 Chrysler Tub

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad that this was brought up from the past. [cl

Bob, did you have this at Princeton this year? I don,t remember seeing there. But I did spend most of my time at the swap meet.

I am working on putting together a '22 Dodge roadster with what appears to be the same parallel leafs in front. Is the "center" pin located way forward in the spring pack? Mine are like that. I was trying to source a front axle in Princeton but no luck. Hopefully at Back to the 50's!

Yes oneeye, I was parked at the end of "rat rod row". About as far from the swap meet as you can get.
I don't remember what springs I used but the spring bolts are near the center. It shouldn't matter though. French Lake has some Mopar "Wavey Tube axles. I bought one complete with springs a year ago.

I might have misled you. There's some kind of Chevy axle in the Tub. Probably Chevy van since it is 5 bolt 4 3/4". The frame might be Dodge. I didn't get it with the body, Springs were on the frame when I got it. Pretty bad when you get so old you can't remember what parts you build with.

I bought the Mopar axle for some yet to determined future project.

No, I understood what you were saying Bob. Mopar product frame with some van axle that you shortened. French Lake has none of them they told me today. I will just keep looking!

Latest posts

Back