27 dodge rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudetoad57

i started out with the front of a 27 dodge sedan that was cut off at the b piller...a friend said he uncovered them when he was logging off his dads property i went back later with a generator,sawsall,and 200 feet of extention cord and cut the last 2 feet off another sedan that was in the same area looking around somemore i found 2 back doors for the 27 i found the winshield frame too...it was pretty wadded up...but i was gonna chop it anyway so it was workable. I used the back doors on the opposite side front door openings and filled in the fender cutouts to complete the look.I chopped the cab 3 1/2 in the back and 4 inches in the front...and cut the doors and the windshield all down to fit Than i took the back half of the sedan and fitted it behind the b pillers...it was wider..so i had to use ratchet straps to suck it in...once in and where wanted it i tacked it to the b pillers and cut the extra metal off....and bent some 1/2 by 1/2 box tubeing to reinforce the top and attach it to the back of the b pillers my frame is 2x3 box steel z'd in the front and back.i used a 36 ford frontend with 46 hubs for the juice brakes..a dana 44 rearend with a mono spring ...15 inch wide whites on the front and 16's on the back i,ll take some fresh pics tomarrow with the body on the frame.before i start fabricateing the pickup box on it...

That's a cool looking start ya got there! And I'm betting the price was right. ;)
Wish I could just find stuff in the woods like that!
What do you have in mind to motivate this cool little truck?

[P[P[P

Hi rudetoad57. Right on. Nice find. Hey, I walk through the woods lots, sometimes with my eyes open, and I don't stumble onto any cool cars.
You have a vision and you're following it, Good.
Keep on tinkering.

long slow process 4-1_zps75eace8f.jpg.html]
newratrodpics004-1_zps75eace8f.jpg
[/URL]

I see part of your problem.........overcrowding.......can I have that '56 ? :D

Looks like you have come a long way on this! The body is coming together really nicely!

What are your plans for the front spring mount?

Latest posts

Back