27 t coupe project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawksrusty27t

car is a survivor from Nebraska,been working on it about 6 months now,hopeing to make the pile up I used the 3x3 frame some hot rod forfather built,and reused the front sring wich was mounted suicide style,but changed the axle to 38 Ford and split the wishbones,changeing the front hardware to F-1 to run hydraulic brake and run wire wheels at all four corners,put in s-10 rear,came with an 8" with spool and gears but no axles so it was easier just to put in the other,Ill prob run a 250 six for this year but plan on freshening up that ols race motor in the picture,also running triangulated four link rear and HD coilovers,
Hawk

Attachments

• damn car 006.jpg
    damn car 006.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 211
  • damn car 008.jpg
    damn car 008.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 125
  • damn car 004.jpg
    damn car 004.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 163
thanks its been fun thats my daughter pictured there,shes 9 and has been into drag raceing and cars every since she was little,I bought this car after she found it on e-bay and so the father daughters project was on,I thought she would enjoy actually being able to help work on this instead of look at the race cae...what could she possibly hurt on a rat rod-traditional rod?

You should bring those front tires back a bit. Maybe section the frame four inches. It looks a little long.

coupe

hey trhanks for all the input,I think what you r seeing as to log is because I have the motor only a few inches from the firewall and will probably have to move it forward,theres not much room in front of it for the radiator so I wanted to save as much room as possible...besides long and low makes them mean looking

how much did u z the front and rear?

and how low is it off the ground?

im building a model t now aND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW LOW TO GO without scraping

hey trhanks for all the input,I think what you r seeing as to log is because I have the motor only a few inches from the firewall and will probably have to move it forward,theres not much room in front of it for the radiator so I wanted to save as much room as possible...besides long and low makes them mean looking

I agree !!

Latest posts

Back