27 t riley eng.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileyratrod

my new build , riley roadster running gear,27 t body 16 " steeleys,rack and pinion steering,lots of cast aluminum and brass used on the eng. and trans. what do you think??? thanks jay...

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 122
riley t

the eng trans rearend are 1948 riley . its a design from the 30's that ww 2 stoped the building of cars to fight the war. thay started building them in the late 40's after the war ended. only small#'s inported into usa. i have lots of parts and the eng is all new..

some more process on rat

got the crossmembers cut and set in. allso the frame is at ride higth and the amount of pinch is set. going with rear coils/ladderbars. case tractor grill will fit nice. some more fabing and im ready to weld.

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 34
  • mountsframe.JPG
    mountsframe.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
  • mounts3.JPG
    mounts3.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 32
  • grill.JPG
    grill.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 53
  • rsprings1.JPG
    rsprings1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 46
Kool!

Jay,
Kool project but I had never heard of a Riley but I learn something new around here every day! Thanks for sharing!!!

BoB

riley

thay are cool cars, had a roaster parts car given to me,body gone from cowl back.so now its gona donate to a rod!

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 45
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 45
Blue Diamond Gezzer

Hi Riley RR,

Good to see another Riley Rodder on the forum, I'm I right in thinking it's RM running gear you have got there what happened to its pretty body.

Mine is a bit smaller it's a Elf (60's Mini) check it out on the forum here Biggles Ride :D

Hey Tripper, Not heard of Rileys...here was me thinking you were a man with a british bent :eek:

I will watch your build with interest RileyRR (as I do with many of the guys on here) if there in anything a guy on the right side :rolleyes: of the pond can do just give me a shout.

riley grill

tryed the riley grill looks funny with no sides on it. ill post a pick so you can see. i to like the grill but it just don't look right to me..

riley grill picks.

your right it looks great!!! allways had the bumper mount on when i fitted it before. now that i can drop it lower it looks cool. what do you think case tractor grill?????? or thr riley grill?????

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 30
  • g5.JPG
    g5.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 31
  • g4.JPG
    g4.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 31
  • g3.JPG
    g3.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 31
  • g2.JPG
    g2.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 29
That Riley radiator shell is great! Use it if you can. The car has very interesting front suspension.

grill

im gona try to use the riley grill, im jumping ahead of myself working on the grill,but i like to see progress every day. im going to work on the back coils today...

got some ladder bars

Got a set of ladderbars off ebay,set up the rear today.. made the coil buckets, and welded the frame, its now one peice!!! hope to have it rolling by sunday night. ill post some more picks friday so you can see the progress....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 14
it takes time

takes a lot of time to set up a frame, cut,weld,grind,grind weld ,grind grind weld weld weld... well 2 rolls of wire later, my frame is now done !!!!! lots of set up and figuring,it took us allmost allday. im lucky to have a friend whos a millright [welder fab guy],i traded him some parts for his time. i can and do weld but he welds every day so he is very good.

Attachments

• before fold 1.JPG
    before fold 1.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 21
  • plate l.jpg
    plate l.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 19
  • foldl.jpg
    foldl.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 20
  • finish l.jpg
    finish l.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 26
off the table soon?

i cant wait to get this off the table. its takes time to set it all up right. the frame [car] has ben on the welding table for 3 weeks. i am now shooting for a rolling car next week. wish me luck ill need it!!!!

Latest posts

Back