27T project progress...Finally

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the body on finally to mark for body mounts. Have some distributor clearance issues like I had expected but I think I have it figured out.

Attachments

• bodyon.jpg
    bodyon.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 109
  • bodyon1.jpg
    bodyon1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 69
I had to tunnel the firewall on my '27 exactly how you did yours. I solved my distributor clearance problem by putting a Ford 302 in it. :D:D

I really like the way your rod is coming along. :)

Don

My goal was to drive the T on New Years Day...I was going to do a big push and get it done enough to drive but I have been spending all of my spare time clearing snow and more snow and more snow and more snow.

On a bright side I got the seats done. One of my co-workers wife does upholstery.

I bought a couple of Army surplus half tents for the material. She put in new foam and made the covers. Turned out nice, just what I was looking for.

The seats came out of a 67 Saab my son was parting out. They are very light.

Attachments

• mybuildprogress10.jpg
    mybuildprogress10.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 36
i can relate to the long project thing....my truck has been a 9 yr. project:eek:
but i can say that now when i back it out of the shop (still not licensed/finished) there is a great sense of accomplishment from taking other people's junk and building a vehicle out of it.

keep up the good work and remember to update us w/ new pics!:D

I actually got to work on the T today. No snow to plow or roof to shovel off and got my internet straightened out. Installed a cell phone antenna to the air card. Much better.

It has been obvious to me that there was no way I would be able to drive with out doing something about room.

The guy I got the body from must have been a circus midget. When he cut the top off and did the body work he left no leg room. I am only 6' and my knees were under my chin and the seat back was vertical. so a little surgery was needed. I had my legs shortened. Well maybe not.

I ended up removing about seven inches from the thing-a-ma-jig that he built after the chop. My wife can now put her legs out straight and I have some comfortable leg room, and I can figure out the steering wheel arrangement. I think I am going to go with the Steer Clear system from Wizard Engineering.

Here is a before and after

Onward and upward,,,or at least sideways.

Attachments

• mybuildprogress11.jpg
    mybuildprogress11.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 22
  • mybuildprogress12.jpg
    mybuildprogress12.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back