28 29 vs 30 31 cowl interchange

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkk

I realize the two style cowls look different. Can the cowls be interchanged to convert one year to the other with no other modification? Will a 30 31 cowl fit a 28 29 body without changing other stuff? doors etc. I know the 30 31 has a bodyline at the bottom. Other than that would the curvature of the doors all be the same?

No...the doors are completely different, the least of which is the reveal molding running the length of the door, the size, and the hinge location...also, the curved pieces above the doors are different in length, shape, and how they attach to the header panel section of the cowl...

...of course, anything can be "made to fit", but, I don't think you want a cobbled up mess either...

No...the doors are completely different, the least of which is the reveal molding running the length of the door, the size, and the hinge location...also, the curved pieces above the doors are different in length, shape, and how they attach to the header panel section of the cowl...

...of course, anything can be "made to fit", but, I don't think you want a cobbled up mess either...

X2 on all of that. Find the right cowling or it's gonna be a mess.

Latest posts

Back