28 a prices

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjohn

i have a chance to buy a 28 morel a five window coupe rat rod , already done . v8 auto ect , its a driver.
any one got ideas on price.how much to how much? his bottom buck is 8200.00 im about 4 hours away. havent seen it in the flesh but the pics look good. im a newbie here.

thanks ,john

if its worth that much to you then buy it.

its hard to tell you what anything is worth with out seeing what it looks like. how its build. what parts it built with. ect......

if you like it then buy it. if not then dont. just watch out for hacks.

if its worth that much to you then buy it.

its hard to tell you what anything is worth with out seeing what it looks like. how its build. what parts it built with. ect......

if you like it then buy it. if not then dont. just watch out for hacks.

Well put rockabillyat!

Hard to say what somethings worth unless you have first hand knowledge of what went into it. The car may be well worth every penny but it really comes down to what it's worth to you. I've seen some go for twice that much. I wouldn't want to have more than 5 or 6 thousand invested in a rat at most but thats just me.

T1

A good A coupe body with doors and a trunklid will fetch upwards of $4500 on the west coast. If it is a hck job on a goofy running gear (I have seen plenty of those) then all you are buying is the body, maybe a drivetrain. If it is the original chassis and still mechanical brakes, no boxing plates, then that stuff will all need adressed to IMHO. Most old As had some degree of rust along the bottom and if it was repaired poorly, deduct.
But on the other hand if it is well built, has juice brakes and good bodywork then it might be a decent deal.

In todays local paper there is a 2dr sedan, running w/ 32 wheels says no rust, rough interior for $6500.00 Wish I had the cash, it would be in my shop right now.

thanks for the input. im in n.e. tex and the car is in ark. found out the car was a coupe someone made it into a roadster, then a later owner replaced top with a fiberglass one, don't know about that. still havent seen anything but pics yet.
john

Latest posts

Back