28 Reo RatRod Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReoRatRod

Hello, Il be starting my 28 Reo RatRod Pickup that will be chopped 5 inches i have a lot of work that needs to be done il post pictures as i go along with it i think this will be a fun project I'm only 17 il be having my father help me out heres some pics of what I'm starting out with obviously the body is and the parts are gonna be rebuilt and il post pics of all that soon!

Attachments

• DSC00918.jpg
    DSC00918.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00919 copy.jpg
    DSC00919 copy.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00920.jpg
    DSC00920.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00922.jpg
    DSC00922.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Looks cool :) But I might rethink goin 10" on the chop maybe start with a 6" and see how you like that and then if you want more you can do more but I think 10" might be too much

For something as unique as a REO, I would do a serious mock-up before I cut anything.

The most important reason is to know that you can fit in it and drive it.

The second is so that you can study the project visually. Let your eye tell you how much it needs to be chopped or stretched.

Good luck with the build!

Last edited:
Cool project. Good luck with it. You will get good advice here on RRR.

Are you guys in the Witness Protection Program???

very cool project, looks like you have some work ahead of you on that cab...

just out of curiosity, are you sure it is a reo? I could be wrong, and i assure you I have been in the past... but looks like a 28 Chevrolet to me...

I think i have changed my mind, your hinge set up is way different ...

no matter what it is good luck, it will make a cool rod

Attachments

• 28_Chevy-One-Ton_DV-10-GG_01.jpg
    28_Chevy-One-Ton_DV-10-GG_01.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 29
very cool project, looks like you have some work ahead of you on that cab...

just out of curiosity, are you sure it is a reo? I could be wrong, and i assure you I have been in the past... but looks like a 28 Chevrolet to me...

I think i have changed my mind, your hinge set up is way different ...

no matter what it is good luck, it will make a cool rod

The chevys are identical to the reo theres a few differences

That's a cool looking cab! That recessed dash is neat looking too.......I would mock it up like Flipper said and then I'd chop it as much as I could and still fit in it [ddd Very cool project, I'll be watching this one :cool:

[P[P[P

Mock up to see if you fit will be fairly easy. Get a piece of ply wood and clamp it as the roof. put another on some 4x4's for the floor and put another layer of 4x4 and plywood for the seat. That's about the minimum you can make your floor unless you have the cab completely on top of the frame. 10" is gonna be tight - unless you really don't have heads.

The frame il be using for this truck is a Model A Frame, we bought for $175 il be posting pics soon some time this week! we got a lot of work ahead of us but this should be a great build

Attachments

• 3018n8c_19.jpeg
    3018n8c_19.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Mock up to see if you fit will be fairly easy. Get a piece of ply wood and clamp it as the roof. put another on some 4x4's for the floor and put another layer of 4x4 and plywood for the seat. That's about the minimum you can make your floor unless you have the cab completely on top of the frame. 10" is gonna be tight - unless you really don't have heads.

yeah we changed plans we are gonna chop about 5" or 6" not too sure yet

Axle Setup so I'm trying to find out what would be a good axle setup for the rear end and the front end if someone could tell me that would be great this is the model a frame we got i took some better pics its got a 4" kick up in the front and a 10" kick up in the back

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
axels

As far as axels go you can use any from trucks to cars even after market old trucks tend to be chepper than model A's there easy to mount I can post some pics if you need an disk break kits are avalable as for the rear just get one that will match the bolt pattern of the front for ease of wheels

Latest posts

Back