29 Chevy Western Rat rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vettedude2

Here are a few photos of my project. I wanted a Western six shooter look. I need some dummy ammo to be used for fasteners. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 2011-08-25_13-37-17_134.jpg
    2011-08-25_13-37-17_134.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 96
  • P7120003.jpg
    P7120003.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 99
  • P7120002.jpg
    P7120002.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 119
good looking build... love the old chevys, did you build a whole structure to replace all the old wood in the body?

Its a touch long for my taste but looks good...

I also would definitely be running front brakes...

the dash looks nice in there!

Dash looks good, wheelbase is way too long. That's personal taste though.

But beyond cosmetics - Put front brakes on it!!!

This is a safety issue, and a MAJOR one. Do not put that thing on a public road without them. It's not just your life, but others.

Since it seems to be the discussion, the length looks to be a function thing, but it does throw off the proportions a bit. I think the length is fine, but the rear wheels need to be way bigger - that would bring it all back in line.

And yeah, do a panic stop and see what happens.

cool car!!!!!

Just missed the bullets you were looking for.A guy on that auction site just sold his late fathers collection of WWII .50 cal bullets that had powder removed.I wanted some of them to make door handles, but I am spent out right now.They went cheap too.5-10 bucks,or something like that.
I like long length of your car.[drMy last T had 119 inch wheelbase.That is just my personal taste.

Very nice project. I have no feelings for the length, it's your car, do what you want. BUT, I agree with the others, FRONT BRAKES! It's refreshing to see something other than FORDS! perley

29 Chevy 3 window

As all builds, the design flows as more is completed. I'll update with more photos after I mount the guns. I haven't settled on a new for it. Maybe "Rods & Guns for run".

A new Photo

Is this is too much. I have a shotgun to mount on the driver's door.

Attachments

• overtop.jpg
    overtop.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 38
pull over

point 1. we don't advertise when or what we have in the way of bang-bangs.
bad ju-ju:eek:

point 2. some people go out of there way to attract the police. having some thing like those and other such ''decrorations'' is just asking to be hassled/pulled over/put on the ''list'' and other unwanted attention.

so yes, get rid of them.

Later:cool:

RED FLAG Alert.....

point 1. we don't advertise when or what we have in the way of bang-bangs.
bad ju-ju:eek:

point 2. some people go out of there way to attract the police. having some thing like those and other such ''decrorations'' is just asking to be hassled/pulled over/put on the ''list'' and other unwanted attention.

so yes, get rid of them.

Later:cool:

Might not be the reason to stop you, but certainly they would be looking for any reason to stop you.... nothing illegal about...certainly not a "concealed weapon" but probably not the best thing to have hanging out the back...might even draw (excuse the pun) the attention of some unsavorie jokers looking to steal them.....

Latest posts

Back