2nd amendment rant-sorry

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
register

just think of you had to jump thru the same hoops to get a vehicle and the license to operate it.

the gov'ment would want to outlaw those evil-looking assault rods:eek:

vehicles kill more people than in a year than guns, but no one wants to ban them.

Later :cool:

...I have no forethought that I would ever need to use one on another human...

I don't own any guns myself but I believe that if I absolutely needed one for that purpose that I should reserve the right to use one for that purpose.
I don't like to fight. I've been through several horrible accidents and I do physical work. I'm tough, I can tolerate pain. I just don't like to hurt people.
but I know that there are violent people out there that do, people who could either kill you or torture you without blinking an eye.

Last edited:
0bama

lots of news about his latest gun grab efforts, new it was gonna happen sooner or later.

get yer guns while ya can, soon won't be able to buy them anywhere.

I'm really surprised its moved as fast as it has. I was hoping this would occupy thier time for a year, so they could spend less time passing legislation that increases the size & scope of the gov't.

Seems like Barry is just going to issue his 1,015th "executive order" to smash it through, then back to the business of taking away other freedoms. Great.

but I know that there are violent people out there that do

I have to quote myself here because I noticed that I fell into a trap of programmed thinking...

Violence is neither good nor bad. it's just a tool that can be used for either purpose.

These kinds of words that come without context modifiers....
Words like tolerance.... You have to ask the question, tolerant of what? and to what extreme?

Sociologists take words that in context carry strong emotions because in that context it represents something that means something important to someone or effects them strongly.
They want these strong emotions roused up because they want people thinking with their feelings instead of with their brains.

When you want to control people or bring them to your agenda you can either appeal to their intellect and their emotions.
The people who agree with you are already won over
The people who disagree with you, how do you win them over?
By getting the thinking out if the picture.
You take words they feel strongly about and you use them without context so you now have an emotionally stirred up and impressionable subject to preach to.

Take conservative or liberal
Conservation of what? Liberal how?
Strong words with emotional connections because they mean something to someone but you use them without the meanings so you can harvest the emotional momentum they inspire to bend the person to your agenda.

I don't have a fully developed way of talking about this thing I've discovered and how it is used but I'm beginning to see it now when it is being used.
When I see words being used that inspire strong emotions I now look to see if any context is provided with their use.
If not, I know that I am now observing an incident of social engineering.
Often times I only learn it's social engineering after I fell for it and already found myself repeating the brainwash.

Take a look at the word violence next time you see it or use it.
Ask yourself "where is the context"?
Is the speaker making a case against the use of violence to commit evil?
Is the speaker making a case for the use of violence to stop evil?
Or is the speaker taking advantage of your fear and hatred of violence for evil to get you to abandon your belief in using violence to stop evil so that the speaker may be secure in committing evil?

Old Montana Boy Here Believes in Hunting, Shotguns, Pistols and Such... But There Just Is No Reason We Need Assult Rifles Nor Ten+ Round Magazines.... Let's Be Real...!

Old Montana Boy Here Believes in Hunting, Shotguns, Pistols and Such... But There Just Is No Reason We Need Assult Rifles Nor Ten+ Round Magazines.... Let's Be Real...!

We don't need cars with hi powered V8s or cars with customized parts either!

It is called rights!!!!

The government will take one then another, then another, Then your in a concentration camp, then your executed. Germany 1938, read a history book!

We don't need cars with hi powered V8s or cars with customized parts either!

It is called rights!!!!

The government will take one then another, then another, Then your in a concentration camp, then your executed. Germany 1938, read a history book!

YOU read a history book!

Don't use Genocide as a comparison to gun legislation. It's not right.

truth

sorry mr.crown, but that is historical fact, first came the gun bans and then the horrific things nazi germany did to it's own people.

here and now were having the "death by a thousand cuts", just a little at a time but will add up to a big time problem.

I can not believe how Nieve people are being about this proposed ban[S. All the media says is assault rifles (which I doubt anyone on here actually even owns one) but anyways they have made the range so broad that in the ban that it includes almost all firearms

Think about basics all they showing is AR-15s in the news but in the ban it states.

Any semiautomatic with a detachable magazine. Read that line carefully and determine what that covers.

Also stated revolving cylinder shotguns. Anyone ever heard of the Taurus judge? That ones covered in the ban.

I have a mini 14 ranch rifle. Looks like a standard rifle. It's in the ban!

If it is bolt action or lever action it can't hold more than 10 rounds. Unless its a 22.

And then they go into military style weapons. (BTW that covers pretty much every weapon since at one time or another it was designed for military purpose)

So we have multiple listings for military components bayonet, forward grip, pistol grip, etc

I have a couple Mosin nagants. Popular and very cheap rifle. Standard bolt action with internal 5 round magazine. Ok that one won't be banned :rolleyes: but guess what it has the option for a removable bayonet so it's banned too.

Pump shotguns are about all that is not listed but it is covered in the fact they can't be police or military style. So all those 18-20 barrel pump shotguns for home defense they will be banned.

So in closing yes what happened is tragic and it could have happened in so many inconceivable ways but these 2 kids chose firearms. We can't change that or make it right. But punishing everyone is not the answer.

Their is so much that could be said.I will only try one point the Sandyhook shooting is the main reason they have to push this ban. Well the kid did NOT use an AR15 he used four hand guns so if this week they ban rifles then for the same reason and with standing they could ban hand guns!!!!!!

After seeing those little kids with legs and arms blown off especially the one with his jaw blowed off, by US drone fire, by some kid with a joystick on computer....
I could give a toot what Obumbles wants

This is my opinion on today's gun control problem. The problem isn't
guns or type of gun it's the fact that for some many years now we have failed
to teach our kids manors and the difference between right and wrong . Were not allowed to spank\whip\ punish) without them yelling to D H R are the police / school teacher.The teachers at school can no longer control or punish your kids anymore because it may hurt someones
feelings.

We sit back and let idiots like Dr. Phil and others experts tell us you don't need to do this and that you might make them mad if you tell them no they can't have or do something. And then when they have to be told
something in life is wrong there to old to listen or think they know all because we didn't at an early add make them
learn right from wrong. When i was growing up you were told to do something you did it. if not you would the next time
because you would remember the whipping you got. What i don't understand is how does counting to a kid when you tell them
to do something and teach them something help them learn right from wrong. ( If you don't stop that. Then the mom starts counting 1 . 2 . 3 .4 .... I'm sorry all that does is let them know your not going to do anything so they continue to run wild till they really get in trouble )

I guess what i am trying to say is its our fault not the guns . I have a safe full of semi autos from 22 to 30-06 / browning auto shotguns
and they were bought legally and have never been misused because my father taught me at a very young age the difference between right and wrong. And i have passed that onto my son. And to this day we have never been in trouble with the law . So my point is getting a whipping when i was a young must have did some good.

If we think that setting a limit on ammo and mag size if going to help were sadly mistaken. Because the same idiot that don't know right from wrong is going to get whatever he/she wants because no one taught them you don't always get what you want.

I don't have any assault rifles most everything i have is for hunting but that's my choice given to me but the 2nd amendment and i feel if you like or want assault rifle you should be able to own one its your right. Because if you start to limit mag size its just one step to taking everything away and as the old saying goes I'll give up my guns when they pry my cold dead fingers from around them!!

I would say sorry if i offended anyone but i'm tried of walking on egg shells its bout time my right meant something!!

Now back to lurking in the back ground

I'll say it again..gun control isn't about crime or gun safety, it's only about control. The elitests [neo-communists]that are in charge at every level of government are destroying what is left of America for the pupose of bringing in "One World Government" [ the new world order]. American soveriengty must be destroyed. The constitution must be rendered invalid. The debt is at an insane level, taxes are skyrocketing, forced healthcare, ect.. Obama is making himself a dictator thru executive order, bypassing congress. And planning to creat a crisis so he can declare a national emergency and marshall law. They are building a police state by enacting 40k new laws every year and militarizing law enforcement nationwide, even local sheriffs dept are traning swat teams and training for riot control. HLS has 300+ preditor drones flying over America. Bottom line, they fear an uprising and must disarm Americans...:mad:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/pledge/?p=1

Think about it all in this way:

If you just barge in and take all of a persons freedoms at once what will they do? Stand up and fight tooth and nail of course.

Now what if you went about it by slowly taking a little here and a little there. Most times the person will go along willingly until they are in the same perdiciment as above only now they are placated and not resistant.

The second takes longer but in the end you have reprogramed the person to like the new submissive role they are in. I do not believe it will stop at just an "Assault weapon" or 10 rd mags. NY just passed a bill outlawing Assault weapons and mags that hold over 7 rds. People that have the mags with over 7 rds have a year to get them out of the state. They have effectively made Remington the manufacturer of illegal weapons over night. They are based in NY. So basically the government is telling you what you can buy and own. Cigarettes have been under this pressure for years now. Soon alcohol will be next. NY city has banned Large sodas. Obama wants health care for all and if you "Choose" not to get it you get taxed the same price as buying the health care in the first place. Where will it end? only you and I can make that determination. You don't like what the government is doing to you then change it. You can't sit back and say "I can't change anything" because if that is your attitude then you have already lost.

Well, then I guess you have to put up with the nutjob's "rights" to own guns too.....Good luck on that, glad I don't live there.

Being Canadian most up here have a very lackluster taste for guns. We seem to think we're better off without them......"SEEM" being the opporative word here, and it's not true at all. The only thing I believe that has kept our country free is the vicarious thought that our southern neighbours do have guns. Trying to bring in Tyrany here just wouldn't fly.

Had a very heated argument with my wife last week about this gun thing.
Our argument went something like this, as we have a jackwagon crazy nieghbour.....

My wife says to me: "would you like to see him have the right to a gun?

My response: "What makes you think he doesn't already have one! People like that don't abide by the law. I would much rather us all have the right to self protection so he knows full and well he might encounter a gun here as well".

She was not impressed, and to me it is such a common sense thing that it just floors me that it isn't the first thing everyone thinks about. You see as it stands up here, if that guy breaks into my home with a gun in his hand and starts shooting I have no legal right to protect myself or my family. I would go to jail for murder if I shot him. Yet my very core tells me I have the right to defend myself and my property. God gave it to me at birth. There is no more to be said than that. No back argument! NOTHING!

In my oppinion there is only one reason for a government to dreprive you of your second ammendment, and if it really needs to be spelled out for anyone all I have to say is have fun at "Camp FEMA" this summer.

Please please please, for all our sakes, stand against anyone that would take any your "RIGHTS" Weather it be the bully on the street or a Government with an agenda. Man or mouse, Slave or Free, this is what we are all up against.

I may be Canadian, but my blood is red and right now it's boiling.

Rodguy you don;t need a gun with a punkin chUnkin trebuchet.

I wonder what would go down if I started to build a siege tower in my front yard under the second amendment or if I put a parapet around my roof and stocked it with cauldrons of boiling oil.

From My Cold Dead Hands
1318872-siegetower_large.jpg

I used to have a freind (a couple) who would dress up as a Knight and a lady and go to swordfights
they would love this

Here we are arguing about assault weapons and i can't walk down the street in body armor with a 3 foot sword on my back what's wrong with this world.

Y'all have to watch this XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UbOdyn_Us

Latest posts

Back