30 Essex ratrod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodderlc

Hey everyone in ratrod land! Am new to this site and seeing how the rest of the gearheads spend their free time. Yeah right. If you're building a ratrod, you are probably in the shop right now. I found a 30 Essex 2 dr. coach body with doors, 18 months ago for $375.00 . It was in exceptionally good shape considering it was sitting on the ground for 15 years. Only a couple of bullet holes! Have cut a S-10 frame to fit, a 1966 lincoln 9 inch rear, a 4L80E trans, and hopefully a 427 stroker smallblock from Shafirioff. If not, then maybe a 454 bigblock from a 97 chev silverado.(Depending how the funds go).Steering column from 62 2 ton truck, shifter and shifter stand from a 1978 chev gravel truck with Allison automatic trans.. Headlights are Essex with EMD locomotive bezel rings.. Hood and grill from Massey and Allis Chalmers tractors. Has 15 inch wide MT street tires on chevy 1/2 ton rally wheels. 66 lincoln had 5 on 5 wheel stud spacing, just like chevy ! (bonus) Has 4 inch wide radials on front.Bucket seats from 87 Suburban. Emergency brake from 37 chev 1/2 ton. I'll be covering up the IFS but prefer to keep it, the power steering and the disc brakes. Reason being, I want to drag race it, and at 10.5 seconds at 130 mph. (hopefully) I'd like to be able to steer and stop! Have installed aluminum floor, firewall,roof opening,fuel tank and bumpers. Should weigh around 2800 lbs. when finished. Will have to install a roll cage if it goes that fast, but can live with it. Will try to get a picture on here soon.

Welcome. Sounds like a different build! Can't wait to see it. Lots of knowledgable people on this site should you need any help.....CR:D

Welcome to RRR, ratrodderlc. Sounds like a real cool build. Hope you get pictures of it up soon.

Latest posts

Back