31 tudor build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

28ford

Ok so here it is... Im new to this rat rod building stuff. I have built lowriders and imports but now got into the ford tudors hard core. The only prob. I have with this, is I have not a clue what im doing.

I can weld and do the body work, but when it comes to what axel or spendel to use im lost. I want to get my car low with a good stance, but really dont know how to go about it....Which rearend do I use to clear the body for enuff room to maybe bag it in the rear?

Any and all help would be great!! Pics would help as i'm better to see and do than listen and do haha:confused:[;)
[email protected]

O yea this is a build I got from a buddy and this is the way it was when i got it from him. The other car is a 28 and its bad real bad.... picked it for 100 bucks.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 97
Its a good start, Look at all the forums. frame rear end, transmission ect for ideas. Look at past and current buids. All the info you need is right here. Build it! Most of all have FUN.

nice start ..like carkiller said check out the build threads and ask all the questions ya like we'll be glad to help there is a lot of knowledge spread across this forum[;)

That 28 isn't that bad ,my 29 was probably in worse shape, took it all apart to straighten everything out and replace the bottom, and it looks fine now. Just search on the forums for model a and tudor builds and you will find lots of ideas.Rear end depends more on what size wheels/tires you will use to get the proper width, the ride height isnt really determined by the brand or size.

we're ready for an update on the project

well so far i have got a complete front suspension, disk breakes up front, 4in drop axel, new spring and new arms. Im going in the morn. to get a 9in ford rear and maybe by the next 2 pay checks I can have a rolling frame. lol Ill get pics of the front asap.

Also Gregster whats the wb for your car? and what rear did you use?

New pics!!

Here is were Im at so far... Not to bad for a ky redneck haha[;)
pics are from mock up to some paint to dad helping alittle to about done haha

thats my foxbody stang in the pic with my dad. its a 88gt [dr love that car....

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 53
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 64
more pics

well i got some cash and finally got my frame dont. the pics are alil dark but it has a four link and coilovers

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 45
some more work done

got the radiator in (65 stang) grill shell done motor in, made headers, made the visor, window frame in, got my vega box mounted and maybe sunday I will be working on the steering! after that I need to buy wheels gas tank and do the lines and get a drive shaft and may take it for a ride b4 next year haha

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 24
Here is my car were its at now with the motor im using it it and black with white top, then my car b4 next to the 28 ford, If you look hard enuff you may see my caddy tail lights, The yellow coupe is my dads, and the other coupe is my girlfriends uncles car that im tryin to get, The blue truck is my next project after the 31 rat.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
oops

ok so the tail lights wasent in the pics but you can see were there going in the back, Also If someone one could help me out on my break lines??? Im not running power breaks but i have disk on the front the ? i need answered is do i need to put the break line valve thing in to put it down to 2psi front and 10psi back?

Looking Good!

Hey 28ford, Looking good![cl Just found this thread and looks like you are doing a great job! The 2psi is for the disc brakes and the 10 psi is for drum. I am running them cause my master cylinder is under floor,but I am running 53 chevy drums on 32 axle up front and disc on rear.I think its best to keep residual valves close as possible to master cylinder as you can.
Keep up the good work and keep us all posted![P

Thanks for the info. But I got the fire wall mounted one and its not power... so would i have to have them for that? I have 75 camaro disks in front and a ford 9in drums in back.
This is my first ground up build and I can do body work and frame work and all that good stuff but when it comes to this im not to good cause I have never done it.
Any help would be great!!
O yea I got my steering done today and got to sit down and move the wheels without moving the tires buy hand HAHA[cl

Latest posts

Back