33 Ford pickmup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow i was just whinning to my wife about how i had to work in the 3rd bay of my garage because i will not have my shop done till the summer, after looking at those photos i think i just shut my pie hole, and go out to my garage and get to work.

keep it up 33 i look forward to parking next to your truck soon at a car show near by.

Pablo

so lastnight I got one of the doors hung and found out I have to build the bottom of the door jam a lil heavier but the suicide doors are gonna be cool. pics to come later today.

Jim

a-arm

Here's another a-arm setup and the truck it's on, to give you some ideas
KUUL 2.jpg KUUL.jpg

Lost, here are some pics, will get better when I can roll it outside and its daytime. Well to say the least it wasnt an easy task, ive had toyota door latches for a long time and the doors are skinny, would have been easier to just buy the bearclaws but I did make it work (thats what its all about right?) I used 6" BIG hinges then cut them in 1/2 a long time ago, made them fit threw the body then welded them on after I cut the doors and welded them on the doors. I was gonna bolt them on but figured it isnt gonna hurt anything. I spent night before last doing drivers door ( remember right side now) to the cab and ran outta oooomf then yesterday my body was hurting I didnt even touch the truck at all. I got up this morning with 2 things to do, the doors and put a floor in the cab, well I got the doors finished the floor will wait till tomorrow. The doors took me all day for many reasons, had to cut all the doorglass track outta the front of the door to make latch fit. and ended up cuting the front outta the doors and welding in new metal to make it stronger for the latch. Anyways I will be working on the floor and Radiator/grill support on thursday and hopefully the Brake/Clutch pedals and Master cylinders. now here are the pics

Attachments

• doorlatch 01.jpg
    doorlatch 01.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 36
  • doorlatch 02.jpg
    doorlatch 02.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 35
  • suicide 01.jpg
    suicide 01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 35
  • suicide 02.jpg
    suicide 02.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 37
You ARE the man!!!!

This is such a great build!!!!

I can't believe i'm whinning about how cold it is and you're working right through it,,,,,I need to get my priorities straight!!!!;)

I really like the spring set up on the rear. Can't wait til you get it on the road and let us know how everything works out!!!!

well, its been cold and snowing off and on. We got 15" + on saturday evening after a Friend Wes came over and shot these pictures for me. I have the floor finished and the radiator support all made and with a few small things it will be ready to pull apart and "maybe" paint everything flat green but havent decided, the rust look is really growing on me as I go. So here are some pics we took after rolling it out in the 5.5"s of snow at the time the pics were took.

Jim

Attachments

• 33night 002.jpg
    33night 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 33night 003.jpg
    33night 003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 32
  • 33night 004.jpg
    33night 004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 33night 005.jpg
    33night 005.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 18
here is one of the interior, I am going out later today to take pics of everything ive done so be ready this evening.

Jim

Attachments

• 33night 007.jpg
    33night 007.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 61
Well its almost spring and it isnt done yet, had a nasty fall working this winter with the snow and messed up my ankle. I come on and just post a lil but kinda was down and out not bein able to work on the 33 but now I am back to work and have about $750 left to spend on it. I am down to Brake lines, driveshaft, wiring, glass and Upholstery. The pics will show what color it will be and its a full roller now. Enjoy guys ( hopefully it will be a driver by the end of April. I will get real good pics of all the fabrication when I pull it apart to redo the engine, paint the frame and susp.

Jim

Attachments

• Winter33-4.jpg
    Winter33-4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 72
  • Winter33-3.jpg
    Winter33-3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 41
  • Winter33-2.jpg
    Winter33-2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Winter33-1.jpg
    Winter33-1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 88
You have fought a great battle. ( hardest winter we have had here in a while) And it looks to me like you kicked some serious tail, tent and all.
It looks great.

WOOO HOOOO I got the windshield cut for the 33, you dont realize how much 5.5"s out of those cabs is untill you have the windshield in your hands, I will be getting back into the build as soon as I can and checking everyones progress on theirs.

Jim

Latest posts

Back