351w with c6 trans

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55RAT

I have a 1994 351w and a c6 trans from differant cars and going to put them together for my 55 ford rat what flex plate should i be using 164t 157t 28oz 50oz? I'm confused help.

Well, here is what I know. The flexplate size is dependant on the bellhousing, and if you were running a C4 there are two different bellhousings for that one.............a 157 and 164. But the C6 generally uses the larger one.

However, before you spend your money call B and M and ask the people who really know for sure. I would hate to have you spend your money on my word.

As for balance, all 351's are 28oz imbalance, so that is what you will need. BTW, that 94 engine should be a roller cam motor, I have the exact same one. Look at the tag or number above the starter and if it starts with F4 it is a roller motor.

This is the tag off of my engine, so just look for something similar (in case you didn't know this already)

351tag004.jpg

Don

the fly wheel on my 351 is a 164t. It is a roller engine. I will call B&M good suggestion Don Thanks

Good score, those roller motors are getting harder to find because the Mustang guys are gobbling them up. I was very impressed with mine, well it isn't mine anymore, I sold it to my Son for his Mustang. He is going to build it up for that car.

I'm pretty sure it will fit to use the 164, but B and M will have a definite answer for you.

Don

Flex plate

The other people you can check with is Summit Racing, they have a good tech line and will answer your questions

Latest posts

Back