36? Chevy PU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the doors, dash, and headlights the most, but the whole truck is going to be great. I don't know that I have seen chrome on those old doors, pretty cool. I think you could keep the color in the rest of the build.

bonehead,

can you tell me if these headlights are original or what they came from? I've only seen them on fords so far.

DSCN2512.sized.jpg

Thanks - Eric

The headlights were not 39.... I don't know what they looked like after that. I am not even sure when turn signals came of age on trucks. Many did not have them, and you see where they added on many old trucks.

The headlights were not 39.... I don't know what they looked like after that. I am not even sure when turn signals came of age on trucks. Many did not have them, and you see where they added on many old trucks.

Ok so I can assume they are not original to my truck. I'm gonna use them since this is an easy way to have turnsignals. I guess I'll keep researching.

Thanks for the info.

Well, I found out that the headlights are Guide 682-C lights. Seems these are sought after nowadays and are getting expensive. I found a company that makes them repro but they start at about $400. The company is OTB Gear.

I may need a new set unless I want to redo these.

DSCN2520.sized.jpg

Really in rough shape.

My Son just bought a pair of the OTB ones at Daytona, and they are spot on as far as being like the originals. I want a set for my '27 when I redo it, gotta start saving up though. :eek::D

BTW, they also sell individualy parts that will fit right on your lights, like trim rings and bulb retaining rings........prices were pretty reasonable too. They even sell the top parking light assemblies.

Don

Well, I found out that the headlights are Guide 682-C lights. Seems these are sought after nowadays and are getting expensive. I found a company that makes them repro but they start at about $400. The company is OTB Gear.

I may need a new set unless I want to redo these.

DSCN2520.sized.jpg

Really in rough shape.
you could probably work wonders on those with a torch and some brazing rod. as long as they are going to be painted. id go for it

Latest posts

Back