36 gmc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaptorCityFab

Well this is my first build like this. I've built several motorcycles and rock crawlers but never anything like this. Something i have been wanting to do for a while. Plans so far are to channel the body 3-4" chop the roof 2" And build a frame out of 2x4. Probably a Cadillac 500 with a th400 or something like that. not really set on drivetrain yet. I would love to do a 12v cummins or something like that but this is gonna be kinda a budget build since im currently unemployed and only make money by building custom motorcycles and doing fab work out of my garage LOL But as you can tell im very excited for this build. I will be updating with pictures quite frequently.[P

ratrod1.jpg

My dad wants the other cab. But i won't start working on that until after I finish mine. So eventually I will do both of them.

personal opinion, and something I really want to do.............

Graft the two cabs together.... extended cab, chop top, parts runner!!! I think it would be sweet!

Got started on getting the doors to open and close. The passenger door has the stock latch and I got it working good and the door opening and closing good. But the drivers door was basically gutted. So I decided to come up with my own latch and it actually works really good. Still need to finish some of the webbing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 78
Got started on getting the doors to open and close. The passenger door has the stock latch and I got it working good and the door opening and closing good. But the drivers door was basically gutted. So I decided to come up with my own latch and it actually works really good. Still need to finish some of the webbing.

Yea thats gonna look sweet! RR:D

Liking the little details, you gonna run bags? The big wheel craze is really starting to grow on me! Nice work!

Latest posts

Back