36 gmc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking the little details, you gonna run bags? The big wheel craze is really starting to grow on me! Nice work!

Yep. Bagged cantilever in the rear and hopefully a cantilever setup up front too, with bags of course.
Plans as of now

24's
Cantilever rear
Cantilever front
Rear mounted rad
Custom aluminum gas tank
(The frame will double as an air tank for the suspension)
Turbo 400

very nice! I like the rear frame work

kinda reminds me of Syndicate Chopz build.. have you checked his build out?

How are you doing these compound angles?

An abrasive blade in a compound miter saw?

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 70
I kinda cheated when I did those. They aren't actually 2x4 tubing. It's plate that I welded together and internally gusseted. and ground down then fishplated and actually. I found that a piece of 1.5" tubing fits almost perfectly in between. So that's what's welded on the bottoms of the compounds front and rear. If that makes sense...Here's a picture of the front

Not sure if I missed it but how much chop did you do and how much did you cut off the bottom of the body. Also not sure if the gmc are the same as chevrolet a but your cab may be a 38 by that hole being cut in the cab corner for the gas filler. I'm not certain on it but just picked up a 36 and 38 chevrolet cab and that's one of the differences.

By the way killer build and keep the updates coming,

Latest posts

Back