36 or 37 ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi jimi. I don't know your state laws or how far you are along the licencing trail, but I wish I'd never mentioned that you had a '36 grille and that it was a way nicer than a '37. I've just worried you. I say, don't open the can of worms, by trying to straighten out your numbers. Get your plates as quietly as you can and drive your hotrod into the sunset.

MM is right. Who is gonna know that serial # doesn't match the cab year? Most states just want an identifying #. As long as it looks legit, they'll probably be happy. Keep your mouth shut and don't make undue hardship for yourself.

Just apply for antique plates and you'll have no problems. In TX all they need is a title, title transfer form and thats it - no inpections, so no one will even look at any numbers on your car. It also helps ALOT to go through one of those title & registration places. They go down with 30 titles at a time, know everyone at the courthouse and dont have any problems. Its worth the $50 they charge for the service.

Looks like you have some sort of disk brake kit that uses large GM calipers.

The car was purchased two months ago in St Louis on Ebay and I had a friend that lives in Columbia Mo pick it up for me on a flatbead and deliver it to Texas. Delivery was free since he was coming this way anyway and always pulls a flatbed just in case he finds something he wants, so that made it a better deal....LOL

I am getting MO title on it and MO antique plates, one time fee of $25 for the plates. Since I have an address in Texas and an address in MO it is registered to the MO address, Insured on a MO policy with Hagerty. Changing to a Texas title later, if ever, will be easy.

The front brakes came from the same donor car as the engine, 1970 Cadillac El Dorado 500 ci

Finally I am back. Now its time to consider an engine swap to flathead. I dug out my old Ford parts and found a pair of Navaro finned aluminum heads (24 stud) and two manifolds that I dont know what they fit. One is an Offenhouser two carb and the other is an Edlebrock three carb. I dont know how to tell what they fit, but I think all including the heads will fit any flathead after 1948.

Latest posts

Back