37 buick special build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, glad you like it!

Car looks great. Have you made changes to the interior or seats? My garage is half built so will be bringing my Roadmaster home in about a month.

I modified the back seat to fit in between the larger wheel tubs and covered it with an old slip cover, quick and dirty functional seat. Havent got pics of it yet, front seat is the orginal 1937, and I need to stuf some foam in it as it is like sinking into an old couch! Other than that there is no plans to improve on the original worn out interior at this time.

On one of the custom car shows on HDtheater they were building a custom seat for the back of a car. It was so simple. They cut two pieces of plywood to fit where the seat bottom & back would be. They then cut out two windows in each plywood where you would sit. They then stapled on some type of webbing in crossed pattern like an old alum lawn chair. They then cut foam to the shape of the front and back and covered it.

I am in awe of you guys that can work old iron. Love this buick and those like it. Recycle old iron! Put it back on the road.

really think it came out great, I love the fresh paint, lol thats the way to go, looks cool..I have a 40 buick coupe super delux 8..I need to put a frame under, not a lot of rust or anything, just the parts are really shot,and the s-10 might be the berries,easy to replace parts, don't know yet, there's a picture in my page somewhere, keep up the good work,

Hi guys, havent been here in awhile, drove the Buick all over this summer and just had it out today since the weather was nice. It turned out to be a great reliable car and has not had any issues other than a slight shake at 60mph up front, need to balance the front wheels better. Car was also the center of our halloween diplay this year.

HAPPYHALLOWEEN2.jpg

I just brought home the next rat project last week, 47 cadillac model 61. This one will get a G body front clip, fuel injected LT1 and a 4L60E auto trans. Will be starting the build in a couple weeks :)

009-6.jpg

I vote complete resto mod drivetrain, and leave the body compleatly as is!!
That thing is sweet!!

Thanks, that is the plan for now. Same as the buick, everything underneath will be new and painted nice but the body will be left as found. Drivetrain and wiring will be all modern for reliability. I am saving the flathead caddy engine for a future open engined project.

Build thread will come, but other projects to button up before this one gets started, will be a couple weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back