37 Ford?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

I might get this tomorrow...$200. Do you think it would be a good first rat rod or should I start with something better? I would plan on keeping most of the bullet holes. I might patch a few to practice, but would like to keep most. I believe it's a 37 Ford...might be a Chevy though (hard to tell). Comes with everything you see, doors are in the back.

What do you think...remember, this is my first build.

DSCI0041.jpg

I'll try to get more pics tomorrow.

Think it's just the angle. It's really in pretty good shape, it just looks bad cause someone shot the hell out of it. I might chop the top some so that might get some work done anyways.... and maybe channel the body a bit. Do you think I should use this frame (once I get it home and really check it out) or should I just fabricate a frame? I plan on just fabricating a frame if this one isn't usable.

The frame on a 36 ford looks similar to a 32 car frame. it has the X bracing in the center. It is a cool frame but if you are going to use it box the front section. Also channeling is a little harder with this type of frame.

$200 for your first build, not bad. My first rod was a 37 Ford pick up and looked pretty much the same. I paid $35 and had it a grand total of four days. My landlord had it towed away, and threatened to evict us if I ever dumped a junk car in the back yard again.
Just make sure that the frame is still sturdy and not rotted. Make sure that the body mounts are solid and not rotted and weak. If you buy it, don't start looking at engines and transmissions just yet. Work on that front end first. Clean it up and take a long hard look at it. It looks like everything on that front end will have to be either reworked or replaced. Don't be afraid to spend some money on it. Front end, steering, brakes, and suspension is a BIG safety issue here. If you need more help, we'll all be here for you.

Good luck on it.

That cab looks like a 35-37 Ford to me. I'd snatch it up if I were you. If it didn't have the doors with it, I would suggest passing, but since you say that they are there, I say get it. That's alot of work for your first build but if you have patience and do some research, you can pull it off. As for your frame question, you could go either way. It's all a matter of personal preference. I would say that if you want your truck to be styled like Bonehead's nasty beast, I would go with a fabricated chassis. If you want something more traditionally styled, then keep the factory frame and box it.

I already have a brand new 4 inch drop 28-36 Ford beam axle... this is why I might build a frame. I want to make sure everything is SAFE. For the price of the body I can afford a little dough for a new front end and frame. Since I'm a new-B to welding as well I have a friend that I could get to build a frame to my specifications... for safety issues of course.

1937 Ford Pickup

BUY IT !!
1937 is all by itself
some stuff not much can be used from different years
1935 - 36 `one piece front window
1937 was first year with the split windsheild forming a V.
1937 -39 windsheild frames all fit
1937 hood is a split hood and opens on sides
1938 hood opens from the front

Attachments

• 1937.jpg
    1937.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 95363_1938_Ford_Pickup.jpg
    95363_1938_Ford_Pickup.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 39ford-pink.jpg
    39ford-pink.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
All in all, it really isn't that bad. The price sure is right. I'd jump on it.

You know, I never have seen the logic in these hunters just shooting at old cars. What's with that?? :confused::confused: It isn't like they are hard to hit or anything. :D

Don

All in all, it really isn't that bad. The price sure is right. I'd jump on it.

You know, I never have seen the logic in these hunters just shooting at old cars. What's with that?? :confused::confused: It isn't like they are hard to hit or anything. :D

Don
It was these dam TWO squirrels !!!
Wouldn't you shoot back !! He.. He.. He...

Attachments

• 6923257_scaled_358x224.jpg
    6923257_scaled_358x224.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 10485120_scaled_302x218.jpg
    10485120_scaled_302x218.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 9592000_scaled_451x296.jpg
    9592000_scaled_451x296.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
for $200 bucks that will make an awesome rod. t's going to need the whole schmola though. if you are prepared to take on that kind of work and have the tools to do it then go for it. otherwise you might consider finding something that is already a little farther along in the process like someone elses abandoned project, might be easier (easier is a relative term :D) for your first build.

Latest posts

Back