38 Dodge Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
floor

and one from the drivers side
IMAG0054.jpg

and one more
IMAG0050.jpg

Like the tranny cover, very original, very cool. It looks like the shifter comes up underneath the dash? or is that just the camera perspective? Planning on some extreme bends on the shifter, or trick linkage? Maybe I missed it in the posts.

Like the tranny cover, very original, very cool. It looks like the shifter comes up underneath the dash? or is that just the camera perspective? Planning on some extreme bends on the shifter, or trick linkage? Maybe I missed it in the posts.

the shifter i had to bend a lot!!
13034976.jpg

so here is a little more work that i got done on the tunnel to get it just right with the tools i have this is what i have done

had to put in a better support for my seat/tunnel mount if i had a sheet metal roller it would have been less steps but then again the driveline goes right through the cab and if i throw a u-joint i don't want to die so i used the half a 3/16" 6" tube and connected it to the floor with flat bar. then i will enclose it all with sheet metal

I started to take all my pictures in black and white because it looks cooler to me? hope no one minds?
64e2ff07.jpg

27bdee43.jpg

9a98640f.jpg

Yep that shifter is a pretzel. Like the B/W pics - might steal that idea myself.

yeah i got this new phone it has a 5.0 megapixel camera in it so my pics a turning out great and when i switched to B/W the pictures just seamed to pop to me so this why the change.

update

Got a little more done thought id share a picture of my new metal brake
d99e5585.jpg

just line up the tow pieces of metal and get to work with a body hammer and wa-la
ec2aa8ef.jpg

Real update

so I really did get some stuff done today almost done with the tunnel just tacking a few more panels in and then bolt it in

f646d31b.jpg

here is a picture of it in the truck
a3082f70.jpg

let me know what everyone thinks ?[;)

hey thanks guys hope to get some more done this coming weekend but being Easter and all i don't think I'm going to get much time to

well now that I have got the floor almost done. I just need to do a few fineness things on it. so i have moved on to steering this is what i have so far
808b8869.jpg

c99ea10a.jpg

4b696a8a.jpg

its all just tacked on right now i plan on putting some gussets on the bottom that will all come when i tear down to finish welding up the frame and adding some gussets to it. next will be the tie rod and steering push rod. i figured this box should do great being that it was the 2 1/2 ton box off the original truck.

Latest posts

Back