39 plymouth Bought it!!! What ya think? 2k

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANNAMEL

Going to pick up a 39 4door plymouth fri. Dont know much about them but it is a daily driver. Just wanted a big ole car to drive. Is it a deal or not.

Attachments

• plymoth.jpg
    plymoth.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 67
  • plymouth.jpg
    plymouth.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 66
Not sure, but I believe thats a Desoto....this was my 39 Plymouth...different nose and some body lines...either way, cool car. Drive it and enjoy it!

ply3copy.jpg

ply4copy.jpg

Thanks guys. I got a 7 hr drive to get it. It has a chevy 6- 250 350turbo tranny and a chevy 12 bolt rearend. everything else is original. gonna clean it up hook up the heater and wipers throw an 8 track in it and take the family to the high school friday night games. Oh yeh and some seatbelts. Would love to come up with some white walls. Got a chevy plymouth wheels and have to adress that also.

Its home!!!!!

Well, 4 tires and a wheel hub with bearing i made it home from nashville. What a trip. I was in parking lot at hotel around midnight taking all 4 tires off trailer to go to wallmart for some new rubber. 50 miles on the way home i had a blow out on the trailer and there was a wall mart 12 miles from where i got off and found a hotel. Car checked out great. Motor had a lil skip but fixed it with a few vacum lines. Body is more than what i had expected. a couple of small rust thru spots but no big deal. All the ss trim is there. Even got the doulble trumpet horn that works. Rebuilt front brakes this weekend still loosing pedal. Going to look at rears when i get a chance. Found some steering rod ends,idler arm etc on ebay. Here are some pics in my shop while i was doing breaks.

Attachments

• 39 ply 1.jpg
    39 ply 1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8488.jpg
    IMG_8488.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8489.jpg
    IMG_8489.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8492.jpg
    IMG_8492.jpg