4 door to pickup/roofchop question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyrodg

I took delivery of this Austin 12 body over the weekend. The drivers side is pretty shot so I'm going to pickup it, it was my intention from the start but the state of the offside the decision is nailed on !. I'll be removing the rear panel at the back edge of the rear window and stitching it back on at the B pillar.
You can see from the pics the rear panel in is smaller in height than the the B pillar. It's such a nice shape that when I chop the roof I'd like to be able just to lower the whole of the rear panel to the new lower roof line at the B pillar without chopping the rear panel....if you get me. The problem is that the swage line will then be in the wrong place. Is there a way round it so I can keep the panel as it is and get the swage to line up correctly. It would also help as there will be less of a gap to fill at the bottom if I can do it this way. I thought about a 4" chop ought to do it, I'm a short arse so it will be OK.
Any help will be mucho appreciated,Any ideas ??
Thanks.
38784d8fa12bd48c0.jpg

38784d8fa13aab7b2.jpg

38784d8fa1491cca5.jpg

Not sure this is what you want but was playing with "Paint".Also put you a extended cab in there too.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg