40-48 disc. brake help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillie hotrods

Can you buy a disc. brake kit that bolts rite onto the ford 40-48 spindles or do i have to buy aftermarket spindles , this is my first front axle build i have built many cars and trucks just never used an axle so i need some input on this please

Thanks for any help

I buy those cheap weld on brackets from speedway and make my own caliper mounts. Then you can figure out what bearings you need to put rotors, like S-10 rotors, on and use chevy caliers. It's way cheaper than the kits. On my Econoline axle and on my buddy's 39 International axle, the drums come off the hubs and Crown vic or Aerostar rotors will go right on the hubs.

I just did this on my 47 ford axle. Bought the kit through So-Cal in Alberta. initial fit up seems great for the bracket. Haven't finished it yet I am still waiting for my king pin reamer to arrive. Then I will put it all together.

gold03

yep they sell conversion kits at alot of the hotrod parts deals at big shows etc, I did my '46 with the speedway kit,
came with everything, bearings, seals calipers rotors the size sleeve hose's , the works, very simple to install,read the instructions provided, I used my spindles, hope this helps ,

Latest posts

Back